Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Targets and Trade Rumors

Re: Trade Targets- Part II

I don;t even know if it's true - it comes from an unknown poster but there is sure a lot of smoke and scouts from Philly and now the stuff about Daniel and Tony and the goodbyes? Something is happening.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    A poster on the minor-league forum, 19braves77, lives in Pensacola and attends a lot of Blue Wahoos games. He just posted this:

Everybody hugging and shaking hands with Daniel in Pensacola after todays game. He has either been promoted or traded.

Tony was also told something is happening.....

Of course, Daniel would be Corcino and Tony would be Cingrani. Why does that unsettle me?
    If we're talking Corcino and/or Cingrani, hopefully this isn't for some rental of Victorino. That would be a serious haul for the acquiring club, would want a real good player and not a rental in return.

Its almost like Christmas morning as a kid. I cannot wait to wake-up and see who we got. Something had to have went down tonight. O and RedLeg Jake that was me. I was on another message board and someone said that Victorino for Joseph and Lotzkar was a done deal. I dunno how the poster had that info. He may have been blowing smoke.
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    I think a deal of some kind has gone down - a poster in the game thread tonight said he was tweeted that a Victorino for Joseph and Lotzkar - perhaps more may be brewing up to change the deal a bit, someone else from Philly or more prospects or a change in prospects? Supposedly the deal is done in principle though just not announced yet. May be they are still working on other options but have a basic deal done if nothing else works out?
    I'd actually be fairly disappointed by that deal, especially if there were any truth to the Ondrusek for Victorino rumor. I like both Joseph and Lotzkar better than Ondrusek. I'd tather give them Ondrusek and Bray and bring up Hoover and Joseph, I'm sure the Reds brass probably doesn't see it that way.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 07-29-2012 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    Its almost like Christmas morning as a kid. I cannot wait to wake-up and see who we got. Something had to have went down tonight. O and RedLeg Jake that was me. I was on another message board and someone said that Victorino for Joseph and Lotzkar was a done deal. I dunno how the poster had that info. He may have been blowing smoke.
    I know - I'm on pins and needles waiting to see if something hits the news wires

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    If we're talking Corcino and/or Cingrani, hopefully this isn't for some rental of Victorino. That would be a serious haul for the acquiring club, would want a real good player and not a rental in return.
    They very well could have just been promoted, maybe to take the space of others who were traded. At least, that's what I'm hoping.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Re: Reds Trade Rumors and News ONLY

Just wanted mention on the trade targets 2 thread there are reports Corcino was shaking hands in a "good bye" sort of the way after tonight's game. The last few posts on that thread make me feel something is imminent.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    They very well could have just been promoted, maybe to take the space of others who were traded. At least, that's what I'm hoping.
    Or one of them could be traded and the other promoted. Lotta possibilities.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

If its Joseph and Lotzkar I think the Reds see it as not breaking up the staff they have rather than risking a rookie to step up and get it done

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    If its Joseph and Lotzkar I think the Reds see it as not breaking up the staff they have rather than risking a rookie to step up and get it done
    Again, I'm sure the Reds power-that-be don't agree, but I think you could do a Victorino for Ondrusek deal and not have to make another corresponding move. IMO, other then Aroldis, this bullpen suffers at time from lack of sharpness at times due to lack of work. I think that because the rotation is going so consistently deep in games, the pen would be even sharper with the subtractiion of one arm.

I'm heading to bed thinking there will be some kind of deal announced within the next 12 hrs. That's about twice as good as the odds I would have given you a couple of hours ago. Not sure whether that's good news or bad though.

A thread on The Sun Deck says that during the Reds telecat tonight, they discuses the Phils scout being there. They said he was scouting Stubbs and that Walt was interested in Pence. I missed the first half of the game and didn't hear that discussed. Could an OF of Ludwick-Pence-Bruce (not necessarily in that order) work?

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    A thread on The Sun Deck says that during the Reds telecat tonight, they discuses the Phils scout being there. They said he was scouting Stubbs and that Walt was interested in Pence. I missed the first half of the game and didn't hear that discussed. Could an OF of Ludwick-Pence-Bruce (not necessarily in that order) work?
    Pence is huge upgrade over Stubbs, very similar to Bruce, imo, and definitely worth a Corcino/Stubbs trade.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Take it with a grain of salt but this was a tweet from Jose Cruz Jr a couple days ago

http://twitter.com/cruz22/status/228233597444816896

Hunter Pence's days as a Phillie are numbered. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by aubashbrother View Post
    Take it with a grain of salt but this was a tweet from Jose Cruz Jr a couple days ago

http://twitter.com/cruz22/status/228233597444816896

Hunter Pence's days as a Phillie are numbered. Stay tuned.
    Has Pence ever played center? Is Walt still awake at this hour? So many questions!

Turn Off Ads?