Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Targets and Trade Rumors

Re: Reds Trade Rumors

Kotsay would be a bench bat. He's probably the best available to the Reds. Giambi would never play with Votto on board and I'm guessing his bat would lose its luster with so few PAs. The Braves aren't trading Eric Hinske. Jim Thome is in the AL. Kotsay should be available, cheap and still is fairly competent as a corner OF. He really shouldn't play more than a day or two a week to stay sharp, but he'd really help late in the game when the Reds are being owned by some righty reliever having his way with the Ludwick through Stubbs 6 through 2 part of the order.

He wouldn't fill their top need, but he'd be an upgrade where one is needed and could at least make the other team make a move.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?

There's only one obvious choice. He'd be a hit with marty, he's got a young body.

The one.

The only.

Steve Finley.

He will cure what ails the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of IH View Post
    So far what I have gathered is that the Reds are really interested in corner outfielders.

They have now been linked to Juan Pierre, Mark Kotsay, Ryan Sweeny and Daniel Nava. Only Sweeny has played Center this year, and even then only several games.

Who have the Reds been linked to for center field?

Also, Mark Kotsay...how is his speed? You and I both know our manager, if the guy can't run he ain't hitting in front of Votto.
    I doubt the Reds acquire anything more than a role player.

Btw, Kotsay is faster than many of the hitters who have hit in front of Votto during his career.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...ade-wish-list/

Reds general manager Walt Jocketty has a pretty extensive shopping list as the non-waiver July 31 trade deadline approaches.

“We’d like to upgrade leadoff, cleanup and the bench — and if he can — help our pitching a little bit,” he said.

But he knows it will difficult to address all or any of those needs.

“I’m not sure of any of it is possible,” he said. “But that’s what we’re trying to do.”

“We’d like to upgrade leadoff, cleanup and the bench — and if he can — help our pitching a little bit,” he said.

“I’m not sure of any of it is possible,” he said.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Nice to see Walt at least acknowledge all three as probelm spots. Would love Kotsay as a bench bat if the price isn't too high.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Walt was interviewed on the pregame about trades and said the obvious, that with so many teams still in it for the wild card, he doesn't expect anything to happen until the deadline.

According to mlbtraderumors, the Reds were one of the umpteen teams with a scout at Francisco Liriano's start on Friday...though I assume they were there to watch Denard Span or some other pieces.

Lots of smoke to a Minnesota deal, fwiw. Doumit, Revere, Span, Willingham-- any of them could help Cincinnati. Doumit as a LF/DH/C would be particularly fun to see. I'm guessing a good middle infield prospect and a middling pitching prospect (DiDi Gregorius? Kyle Lotzkar? JC Sulburan?) gets the Twins not only to deal him, but to pay the rest of this season's contract.

A Minnesota deal could have multiple parts on both sides. Liriano, Capps, Span, Willingham, Revere, Doumit

The Twins would possibly have interest in Gregorious, Lotzkar, Corcino, Cingrani, Lutz, LaMarre, Hamilton, Stubbs, Heisey, any of the relievers and maybe even Navarro or Hanigan

Gregorius, Stubbs, and Mesoraco for Revere and Doumit.

Twins grab their starting SS, CF, and C for next season for under $3 million, move their most valuable asset to DH at least part-time, and unload spare parts.

Reds grab a starting CF who has decent obp and a great glove (not to mention the Kentucky connection) and a part-time catcher and pinch hitter to platoon with Hanigan. (If need be, Navarro can come up as Votto rehabs, with Doumit and Frazier sharing 1B, Doumit playing some in LF, and catching occasionally.)

Cost effective this year and for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post

Twins grab their starting SS, CF, and C for next season for under $3 million, move their most valuable asset to DH at least part-time, and unload spare parts.

Reds grab a starting CF who has decent obp and a great glove (not to mention the Kentucky connection) and a part-time catcher and pinch hitter to platoon with Hanigan. (If need be, Navarro can come up as Votto rehabs, with Doumit and Frazier sharing 1B, Doumit playing some in LF, and catching occasionally.)

Cost effective this year and for the foreseeable future.
    I wouldn't trade Mesoraco for Revere and Doumit, not even close, not even if the Twins threw in Spann.

No way. Mesoraco is light years more valuable than Doumit, and Gregorius is likely more valuable than Revere. And Stubbs on top of that? Terrible trade for the REds.

I'm starting to think Didi might be a better bet than Cozart long term. Better defensively, and that lefty bat is going to develop some juice. I would not deal a young SS at this time. Let it play out through this year at least. And no way you deal Mesoraco. Untouchable in my book.

I love Cozart and really like DiDi. I think AFTER this year the Reds can trade either and have a guy step in and not lose a step. This year they can only trade DiDi without losing a lot. Can't expect a raw rookie to step in right now and take Zack's place. So any deadline trade can include DiDi but not Zack. Seems simple to me. And I disagree Lollipop - no way Gregorious ever develops the power Zack has.

Mesoraco untouchable? No way. Expensive? yes. He'd be involved if the deal was like Giancarlo Stanton. Maybe LoMo. Upton. Otherwise he's not in the deal. Centerpiece of a big deal with Doumit, Willingham, Span and Liriano? Yeah, depending on what else was included I could go there.

I would only send Mes to the Twins if Mauer was coming back and the Twins were paying most of Mauer's salary. Doubt the Twins would do that

Turn Off Ads?