Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NBA puts ads on uniforms, is MLB Next?

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

NBA puts ads on uniforms, is MLB Next?

2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NBA puts ads on uniforms, is MLB Next?

I don't care, with the caveat that it's a small patch (2"x2") on either uniform sleeve and no more. But I'm sure I'm in the minority.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

You're right. I doubt they go all nascar or international hockey on MLB uniforms in our lifetime. If Subway wants a patch on the Reds right hand sleeve... cool. I might eat an extra $5 footlong per year.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

I think it sucks.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    I think it sucks.
    This.

I understand where they're coming from, trying to be more like popular international sports, but this is as tacky as having a soccer team called the Red Bulls. Ugh.

The Nippon Ham Fighters disagree with you.

I hope the Reds get a cool advertiser like Chico's Bail Bonds.

I dispise the NBA and think the entire league is joke so I couldn't care less what they do. But...I really don't want to see it happen to MLB.

I don't like it. Could you imagine an advertisement on a Yankee uniform? or any classic MLB uniform for that matter. Keep the advertisements on the outfield walls and scoreboards.
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

Stat geek...and proud
    Eh, doesn't really matter to me. It's a different world and revenue streams are changing. As long as it's not too obtrusive.

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    I don't like it. Could you imagine an advertisement on a Yankee uniform? or any classic MLB uniform for that matter. Keep the advertisements on the outfield walls and scoreboards.
    Patches for everything from All-Star Games to Ray Kroc have been around for almost 100 years. Patches hawking burgers and beer could be fun.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

So long as it doesn't reach this point:

Announcer: Now standing in the Tostito's On Deck Circle.. Chapman is warming up in the WalMart bullpen.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 07-21-2012 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Spelling error.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

They already have ads on the uniforms. There's a Majestic logo on the left sleeve of the shirt. The hats have a logo on the back of the cap. I see Nike on a lot of the collars of the undershirts. Of course the helmets, shoes, gloves (both fielding and batting) and bats have logos on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

If its small and on the sleeve or something, then eh whatever. But if it gets out of hand and starts saying something like American insurance's reds or something. That'd piss me off. I don't want teams selling their name out on the jerseys. The nba maybe NEEDS this, as most teams are in the red. MLB teams spend what they want. So if youre in the red, that's on you!

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    They already have ads on the uniforms. There's a Majestic logo on the left sleeve of the shirt. The hats have a logo on the back of the cap. I see Nike on a lot of the collars of the undershirts. Of course the helmets, shoes, gloves (both fielding and batting) and bats have logos on them.
    And that is by the company that makes the particular item. Personally, I don't want to see any more than that.

Turn Off Ads?