Frazier 5
    Heisey 7
    Cairo 3
    Mesoraco 2
    Leake 1

v.

Joe Saunders, LHP
    4-6, 3.52 ERA

Saunders was activated from the disabled list just prior to his start Saturday against the Cubs. He was placed on the DL after being unable to get loose before his start on June 22. Saunders pitched six quality innings against the Cubs.
    Joe Saunders will try to help Arizona capture the series in his second start since coming off the disabled list. The veteran lefty is 4-6 with a 3.52 ERA this season.
    Saunders' only career start at Great American Ball Park came in 2010, when he gave up seven runs, four earned, in 7 1/3 innings.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index...1&mode=preview
    Last edited by klw; 07-19-2012 at 09:57 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 7.19.12 Diamondbacks @Reds 12:35 start

No TV today from FSN-Ohio. I don't think Arizona is broadcasting the game either. It is listed for MLBTV so I assume they take the stadium feed and show that?

Having Valdez and Cairo for Rolen and Cozart is pretty much a wash at this point. None of them are hitting. I think I would have started Ludwick instead of Heisey. Ludwick does proved a bit more power.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Cairo should not be with the Reds anymore. I really would love to see Henry Rodriguez. I feel we will have to wait for September. I think Cairo's batting average might possibly be the worst of any Red bench player ever. Just atrocious. Walt, make a change. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    No TV today from FSN-Ohio. I don't think Arizona is broadcasting the game either. It is listed for MLBTV so I assume they take the stadium feed and show that?

Having Valdez and Cairo for Rolen and Cozart is pretty much a wash at this point. None of them are hitting. I think I would have started Ludwick instead of Heisey. Ludwick does proved a bit more power.
    With Ludwick having an OPS against lefties almost .200 points better than Heisey, you'd expect Ludwick to play against them. Yet Heisey gets the call frequently, for whatever reason.

Come on, Dusty! Valdez hitting second AGAIN? Wow!

And no Ludwick against an LHP? I really, really have no idea anymore what Dusty is doing.
    Last edited by CySeymour; 07-19-2012 at 10:29 AM.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    With Ludwick having an OPS against lefties almost .200 points better than Heisey, you'd expect Ludwick to play against them. Yet Heisey gets the call frequently, for whatever reason.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I meant to mention a lefty was pitching to boot. Oh well, all I can do is watch,root and gripe about things. I can't change a thing.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

D'Backs lineup. Looks like they are going with their A lineup sans Montero the catcher.

1. Willie Bloomquist (R) SS
    2. Aaron Hill (R) 2B
    3. Jason Kubel (L) LF
    4. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    5. Justin Upton (R) RF
    6. Chris Young (R) CF
    7. Ryan Roberts (R) 3B
    8. Henry Blanco (R) C
    9. Joe Saunders (L) P
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I can only imagine Dusty's reason for not playing Ludwick..."I had to play Heisey sometime"
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Bad weather forecast for today's game:

Today Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly between 1pm and 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 93. Southwest wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Bad weather forecast for today's game:
    I'd like to see a quick rainout, but that won't happen. I'm tired of watching the same dysfunctional lineups game after game. I guess I'm grouchy today.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I'd like to see a quick rainout, but that won't happen. I'm tired of watching the same dysfunctional lineups game after game. I guess I'm grouchy today.
    That makes 2 of us.

Unlike other days.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Unlike other days.
    <sigh>

This old age isn't what it's played up to be
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

<sigh>

This old age isn't what it's played up to be
    Still beats the alternative

A rainout just isn't very likely. This is the only trip to Cinci for Arizona, and the only real feasible makeup date appears to be August 13th. Off-day for each team, the Reds traveling home for a homestand, and the D-Backs going to St. Louis the following day.

Turn Off Ads?