Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tanner Rahier

Tanner Rahier

Please use this thread to post scouting reports, links, and other comments about the Reds' 2012 second round pick.

From MLB.com:
    6'02" 205lbs DOB: 10/12/93
    Rahier isn't taking the most typical path as a Draft prospect. He doesn't play for his high school team. Instead, the infielder chose to play for his spring travel team, playing in wood bat games instead of for his Palm Desert High School team, and scouts have been sure to check him out this spring. An aggressive hitter who can really turn on fastballs, he has the chance to have plus power in the future. He does overswing and can struggle with breaking stuff at times. He's an average runner, but basestealing won't be a part of his game. Defensively, his best tool is his arm, though he also has decent hands and fairly good range. He likely won't stay at shortstop, though all of his skills, from the power bat to his defensive tools, should profile just fine at third base.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tanner Rahier

From J.J. Cooper:

#Reds take Tanner Rahier with 2nd round pick. Was best remaining player on our board (ranked No. 34 on BA 500).

https://twitter.com/#!/jjcoop36

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

PerfectGame.org
    David Rawnsley:
    If the Reds get this done, and I expect they will, Tanner Rahier is one of the best values in the draft at this point. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't hit at the professional level. If he fails to get to the ML's it won't be through lack of effort, either.

Frankie Pilierre at Scout.com
    Frankie Piliere:
    Reds take Tanner Rahier. There he goes. I bet the Reds are quite capable of signing him.

Frankie Piliere:
    I'm a big Rahier fan. He's going to hit but some concern he outgrows SS

I love this pick. Will be fun to watch him go head-to-head with Gabriel Rosa through the system.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Frankie Piliere:
    I'm a big Rahier fan. He's going to hit but some concern he outgrows SS
    Some concern? He's coming out of high school over 200 pounds at 6'2". Speed won't be a part of his game either. It's not a matter of whether he moves--it's a matter of when.

Tanner Rahier ‏@trahierss
    Excited to be selected by the Reds organization! Thankyou for everyone who has been a part of my development as a person and a player #Reds
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I believe his name is pronounced like "fire" (instead of "Raheer" like on mlb.com).

If they get him signed, you can pencil him in as the 3B of the future.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

That's a sweet swing. 432 with a wood bat in the derby video.

According to Perfect Game, Rahier has drawn comparisons to Evan Longoria due to his physical features as well as tools as a player. Rahier is likely to move over to Longoria’s position at third base due to his size, and he could represent a consideration for the Red Sox with one of their first-round picks (Nos. 24 and 31).

Baseball America describes Rahier as a player who approaches the game with tremendous intensity. The publication cited a scout who said of Rahier, “He plays like a bat out of hell — he’s like Pete Rose.”
    http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/bos...tanner-rahier/

Did I mention I love this pick? Maybe my favorite Reds pick since Billy Hamilton.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Did I mention I love this pick? Maybe my favorite Reds pick since Billy Hamilton.
    Guy plays with that kind of intensity and his name is Tanner? Oh that is too easy...

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?