Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Brewers Saturday 7/21

Re: Reds vs. Brewers Saturday 7/21

was looking at the box score...Rolen hit a triple?!?!

2. Turn Off Ads?

janish with an error to cost a run

The Cubs are being the Cubs.

St. Louis just dropped 12 on them in the 7th inning.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco View Post
    Marshall has 20 appearances where he has not given up a hit and 18 where he has not given up a hit or a walk... How is it "rare" for him to be effective?

Also, not sure I understand the "nice if we could ever score" comment. Are you referring to this game?
    1. I know all the stats freaks are in love with Marshall but he has been a big disappointment. Basically now relegated to a loogy and he can't be trusted to do that.

2. Since I'm posting in the "Reds vs. Brewers Saturday 7/21" thread, I assumed it was pretty clear I'm referring to this game. And thanks to BP, we have scored, and I was right- it was nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    1. I know all the stats freaks are in love with Marshall but he has been a big disappointment. Basically now relegated to a loogy and he can't be trusted to do that.

2. Since I'm posting in the "Reds vs. Brewers Saturday 7/21" thread, I assumed it was pretty clear I'm referring to this game. And thanks to BP, we have scored, and I was right- it was nice!
    I have no strong feelings about Marshall... Just hate negative hyperbole like the "rare" comment.

Sorry about comment #2... I just did not understand a "nice if we could ever score" comment applied to a a game where we had scored 4 and were leading. I guess I still don't.

Good to see the Reds getting to the starter early tonight!

Been tired of waiting for the 2nd or 3rd time through the order to see hits and runs.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

hopefully all the hitters are getting some confidence without Votto

Have to agree with Brisco that a sarcastic "nice if we could ever score" about a team that already scored 4 runs in 7 innings against a d@mn good pitcher is sad. You have a right to have as high of expectations as you want and to be as critical as you would like. But I do think it is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco View Post
    I have no strong feelings about Marshall... Just hate negative hyperbole like the "rare" comment.

Sorry about comment #2... I just did not understand a "nice if we could ever score" comment applied to a a game where we had scored 4 and were leading. I guess I still don't.
    Its pretty simple- we put 4 up during the first 6 batters and then went to sleep. Had several opportunities to break the game open and didn't. After the first inning it was a matter of having to score another run or two to put the game away, which we finally did thanks to BP.

Quote Originally Posted by miamiredskin View Post
    Have to agree with Brisco that a sarcastic "nice if we could ever score" about a team that already scored 4 runs in 7 innings against a d@mn good pitcher is sad. You have a right to have as high of expectations as you want and to be as critical as you would like. But I do think it is sad.
    I will try to post happy comments in the future to make you feel better.

Reds win!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet win. Whole team win.

Reds tied for most wins in the NL. I'm sure 1/2 of Sun Deck still wants Dusty fired....morons.

3. BP- playing very solid baseball lately.

2. Big game Bronson - nice comeback win

And the #1 star- Ryan Ludwick. 15th HR. 41 RBIs. I might have been a little wrong about this guy.

3. BP- playing very solid baseball lately.

2. Big game Bronson - nice comeback win

And the #1 star- Ryan Ludwick. 15th HR. 41 RBIs. I might have been a little wrong about this guy.
    I've been admiring Ludwick's steady and calm performance after a rough start. He's slowly but surely bringing the average up and been solid out in the field as well.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Turn Off Ads?