Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: 7-22-12 Reds vs Brewers: Broom time?

Re: 7-22-12 Reds vs Brewers: Broom time?

Hey Johnny, use the dugout steps, you're making me nervous.

2. Turn Off Ads?

This team has a real chance. Add on some pieces to make it better. I don't care if its a slight overpay.

Good win.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    You had to have that ready way in advance.

You posted the sweep before the K was shown on Extra Innings.

Impressive.
    Had it ready to roll at the start of the inning. I had little doubt it was over. :O) I have a TON of faith in this pen. I know it may not go over well, but I think this is a better pen than the nasty boys. By far.

The fear is they will look at the 11 of 13 streak and "like where we are" and do nothing.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

8-2 homestand. Pretty pretty good
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    8-2 homestand. Pretty pretty good
    5-2 this week without Votto, despite a less-than-stellar offensive performance.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Jim Day is a such a putz.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    The fear is they will look at the 11 of 13 streak and "like where we are" and do nothing.
    I have a feeling that if you looked at any of the teams in the NL, you would have similar or greater concerns for their chances.

Don't get me wrong, it would be nice to see an addition or two. Especially for the bench. But this team is right up there with anyone in the NL. It's hard not to like where they are right now. They are legit.

Brewers for sale! Get your Brewers here!

I imagine they will begin the process, the sweep doing them a favor before the deadline and making it clear that this isn't going to be their year. Most likely to move? Ramirez? Gomez or Morgan? Axford?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Have you not seen the public comments by WJ? He's made it pretty clear, despite our concerns, that he knows the teams needs, is looking, and willing to make a deal. It sometimes takes two for sex, but it always takes two for trades to happen.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

We can compete against anyone in baseball. I still think we need someone at the top of the order. In a playoff pressure situation vs. one of the games best pitchers I just dont see us consistently getting on base enough for the guys in the middle of the order. However it seems like someone new is coming through every night so what do I know. Also even after an 8-2 home stand we only gained 1.5 games in the standings. Crazy when you think about it. The Pirates need to get away from home where they dont play as good.
    Last edited by DGullett35; 07-22-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Brewers for sale! Get your Brewers here!

I imagine they will begin the process, the sweep doing them a favor before the deadline and making it clear that this isn't going to be their year. Most likely to move? Ramirez? Gomez or Morgan? Axford?
    One of the downsides of this sweep. I was hoping the Brewers would stay in until the bitter end, forcing them to keep all their players, and not use them to rebuild their farm system.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

I could see Axford getting moved. Hes been a dissapointment for them big time this year. Rodriguez would be the likely guy to be moved however. They could send Aoki over to us.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Have you not seen the public comments by WJ? He's made it pretty clear, despite our concerns, that he knows the teams needs, is looking, and willing to make a deal. It sometimes takes two for sex, but it always takes two for trades to happen.
    Now you owe me a keyboard . Just spit beverage of choice everywhere. good one.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?