Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Quentin off the trade block...

Quentin off the trade block...

Padres are close to signing Quentin to a 3-year $27 million contract and will contain a full no trade clause.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Quentin off the trade block...

fine by me

Good for him and SD. Padres fans are at least getting to have a team of players that have a good upside and a couple veterans. Still not very good...but Padres fans should be in a better state than recent past.

I'm actually happy to see this. I don't see him as a significant upgrade over Ludwick for the rest of this year, so I'm glad we didn't have to give up any prospects

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    fine by me
    Whew. I was having nightmares that the Reds dealt for him. Not what this team needs.

Count me in as one of those who did not desire to see CQ in a Reds uniform. I think to get him the Reds would have had to overpay when they already have a similar bat and better defense in LF to begin with. I would like to see a LH bat added.

I would've been happy if they acquired Carlos Quentin. I became a bigger fan of him seeing how intense he was about the game while the Reds were out there. His numbers would also obviously inflate big time leaving San Diego and coming to Cincinnati.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    I'm actually happy to see this. I don't see him as a significant upgrade over Ludwick for the rest of this year, so I'm glad we didn't have to give up any prospects
    Ditto.

Weren't the Pirates pursuing him a bit? Anything that hinders them certainly helps us.
    There are only two seasons - Winter and Baseball.

Playoff Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bleedsred View Post
    Count me in as one of those who did not desire to see CQ in a Reds uniform. I think to get him the Reds would have had to overpay when they already have a similar bat and better defense in LF to begin with. I would like to see a LH bat added.

Could not agree more. The Reds are loaded with RH bats.

Turn Off Ads?