Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunday 7/22/12 Minor-League Updates

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: Sunday 7/22/12 Minor-League Updates

Travieso's 3 outs - 2 groundouts and 1 K.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I realize it's only two weeks worth of games, but Mejias-Brean's 21. I'd send him to Dayton right now. Junior Arias is sporting a robust .527 OPS. and fielding below .900. There's a huge cavern at the hot corner in Dayton and Mejias-Brean could do himself and the Red pipeline a huge service in filling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    I realize it's only two weeks worth of games, but Mejias-Brean's 21. I'd send him to Dayton right now. Junior Arias is sporting a robust .527 OPS. and fielding below .900. There's a huge cavern at the hot corner in Dayton and Mejias-Brean could do himself and the Red pipeline a huge service in filling it.
    Yea this needs to happen. It's a shame such a great affiliate has had to bear such an uninspiring team all year long. Arias is WAY over his head in Dayton. If I remember, we spent a good chunk of change to sign him too. Really have to wonder what the scouts saw in him.

SMB hitting .420. Arias in Dayton-have I said that when trying to understand roster decisions, follow the money. This one is still quite absurd. Arias is the worst eveyday player in the league, and you have .420.

Tanner Robles is quite fond of the California League. After his 5.2 strong innings tonight, his Bakersfield ERA sits at 1.93. The Blaze lead 8-2 in the eighth. Travis Mattair is 3-4 with his 16th HR. D'Anna, Selsky (.336) and Berset have also gone deep.

Prediction: by midweek-SMB and Gelalich to DAY. YRod to BAK. Can I hit on 2 out of 3 at least?

You may be right on one of those predictions, if not more

Bakersfield rolled 10-3. Mattair (HR) and Bowe (2B) were both 3-5.

Quote Originally Posted by redsof72 View Post
    Prediction: by midweek-SMB and Gelalich to DAY. YRod to BAK. Can I hit on 2 out of 3 at least?
    They need to move some sort of players to Dayton, I haven't been to nearly as many games as I did last year. It's not that I don't want to support the players currently there, it's just the talent on last years team forced me to spend some extra bucks and show up.

Quote Originally Posted by redsof72 View Post
    That makes sense. How about sending Winker and Stephenson to Dayton as well?

I know people don't want to rush Stephenson, but sending a guy to Dayton after he's dominated Billings 14 months after being drafted in the first round is NOT rushing him. In fact, has there been another HS pitcher drafted in the first round who was still pitching in rookie league 14 months after being drafted...in the last 5 years?

If it were up to me, the Dayton OF for the next two months would be Waldrop, Gelalich, and Winker. The Bakersfield OF would be Y-Rod, Bowe, and Silva. Juan Duran could probably be the DH- either in Bakersfield or even Dayton to try to get him going (like Y-Rod did).
    Last edited by Benihana; 07-23-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    That makes sense. How about sending Winker and Stephenson to Dayton as well?

I know people don't want to rush Stephenson, but sending a guy to Dayton after he's dominated Billings 14 months after being drafted in the first round is NOT rushing him. In fact, has there been another HS pitcher drafted in the first round who was still pitching in rookie league 14 months after being drafted...in the last 5 years?
    Taylor Guerrieri is pitching in the New York-Penn League right now. He went 24th overall last year. Tyler Beede hasn't made his debut yet, though he may be injured.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Taylor Guerrieri is pitching in the New York-Penn League right now. He went 24th overall last year. Tyler Beede hasn't made his debut yet, though he may be injured.
    Guerrieri is in short season A (not rookie) and Beede never signed- he is pitching for Auburn. Anyone else?
    Go BLUE!!!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Guerrieri is in short season A (not rookie) and Beede never signed- he is pitching for Auburn. Anyone else?
    Short season is the same thing as rookie ball. They try and trick you with its designation, but it is the same thing.

Beede not signing certainly explains a lot.

Got my wish re: Stephenson.

Hopefully Mejias-Brean, Gelalich and Winker aren't far behind.
    Last edited by Benihana; 07-26-2012 at 10:24 AM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?