Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Houston Astros named Kevin Goldstein pro scouting coordinator

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Houston Astros named Kevin Goldstein pro scouting coordinator

Just thought that was very interesting to note that the Astros hired now former Baseball Prospectus minor league guru.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Houston Astros named Kevin Goldstein pro scouting coordinator

I've read and heard Kevin say in the past that he has had job offers in the past. I wonder what made the Houston offer more enticing?
    He's one of my favorite twitter follows, so I'll miss his entertainment on that platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    I've read and heard Kevin say in the past that he has had job offers in the past. I wonder what made the Houston offer more enticing?
    He's one of my favorite twitter follows, so I'll miss his entertainment on that platform.
    Maybe he had never had the offer for this particular job in the past? I don't know, but I am looking forward to seeing who BPro goes after as the next prospect guru, or if they will just 'promote' Jason Parks to that role and not replace his current role.

Houston is aiming to be the next Epsteinesque Red Sox. That's a huge market, they've got astute ownership and they're starting from scratch. I can see the attraction.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I wish it was going to happen about 2 years later, but I'm glad the Astros will be out of the Reds division. It may take 3+ years, but in that market once they get good they will probably stay good for a long time.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I agree. They're making the right moves all year long it seems to me. And in Houston, if the team is good, they'll support the heck out of it. But if they're mediocre or bad, it's a graveyard in there.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Just thought that was very interesting to note that the Astros hired now former Baseball Prospectus minor league guru.
    Although happy for KG, totally bummed that we lose his freedom on twitter, and especially the podcast. I hope Jason is the replacement, although I really like him, he may have to become a bit more serious for that role (IE, fewer Martin Kove references).

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    Although happy for KG, totally bummed that we lose his freedom on twitter, and especially the podcast. I hope Jason is the replacement, although I really like him, he may have to become a bit more serious for that role (IE, fewer Martin Kove references).
    The more Kove, the better. I think that JP will probably take over for KG, but what I am interested in seeing is who takes over Parks old gig. Maybe I should send them my resume. Kidding.

Maybe I should send them my resume. Kidding.
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    Why not?
    I am underqualified.

I am underqualified.
    I'm not saying to replace Jason, but the site seems right up your alley and vice versa.

Turn Off Ads?