Re: Reds vs. Astros Tuesday 7/24

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Most wins in MLB...

NYY 58
    CIN 57
    WAS 57
    TEX 57
    Reminds me of Sesame Street - "one of these things is not like the other"
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Chicken Dinner man.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Good game fellas.....lets go for the sweep tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    Hopefully Bailey doesn't have one of those awful starts he has time to time. Especially against this team.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    I laughed at that troll also!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    Whether you're a Dusty fan or not, you have to admit that since he's been here, the team doesn't give up! The Reds don't quit until they've given up that 27th out and that is something I really love about this team!
    I think that is a credit to the guys in the locker room. I don't give that credit to Crusty. Despite his idiotic lineups they are winning because the starting pitching is incredible and Chapman is closing. Everybody besides Crusty knew Chapman should have been the closer from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by 2539redsfan View Post
    I think that is a credit to the guys in the locker room. I don't give that credit to Crusty. Despite his idiotic lineups they are winning because the starting pitching is incredible and Chapman is closing. Everybody besides Crusty knew Chapman should have been the closer from the get go.
    At this point the Dusty bashers are becoming more and more like the Mick Cronin bashers. They are hellbent on blaming every negative on the guy while never recognizing the good that he has done.

The good news is, just like Cronin and the 'Cats, this is their last stand as the Reds are turning a corner into a very good team and, in time, the Dusty bashers will feign into irrelevance because the criticism will become too ridiculous for anyone to give credence to it.

Dusty haters are running out of material and starting to sound like broken records.

Go Reds!

Here's my top 3:

3: Xavier Paul - way to go buddy. Helluva first start for the Reds and I hope many more! 3 hits and 2 RBI!

2: Drew Stubbs - 3 for 4 and the Go ahead homer! Glad to see your bat waking up!

1: Mike Leake - 8 solid innings. Starter's and rotation's ERA trending down - way down!
    Last edited by MrRedLegger; 07-25-2012 at 12:05 AM.

Happy time to be a REDS fan, BP is really stepping-up with Votto out .

Went back to the 75/76 to see how those teams did with regards to winning streaks and re-remembered how awesome those teams were. In 1975 the team went 108-54. They started out the season 18-19. Yep, at just about the quarter pole that team was sub-.500. They went a ridiculous 90-35 from that point on. That is just plain sick. They had winning streaks of 10, 9, 7, 6 and 6. In their last 11 games they won 5, lost 1 and won the next 5 to close the season winning 10 out of 11. Just prepping for the playoffs I suppose.
    In 1976 they went 102-60. They had just two 7-game streaks. The next longest streak for that team was just 4 games, although they did have 7 of those 4-game streaks.

Turn Off Ads?