Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Astros Tuesday 7/24

Reds vs. Astros Tuesday 7/24

A win tonight would give the Reds a 6-game winning streak for the 4th time this season.....

Cozart SS
    Stubbs CF
    Phillips 2B
    Bruce RF
    Rolen 3B
    Paul LF
    Frazier 1B
    Mesoraco C
    Leake P

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds vs. Astros Tuesday 7/24

Xavier Paul in front of Frazier? What?

Hope it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    A win tonight would give the Reds a 6-game winning streak for the 4th time this season.....

Cozart SS
    Stubbs CF
    Phillips 2B
    Bruce RF
    Rolen 3B
    Paul LF
    Frazier 1B
    Mesoraco C
    Leake P
    Lol

I was guessing Ludwick's 3 hits would get him benched but apparently Heisey's 2 put him there also.

Dusty got me!

Good luck to Paul! He won't get many starts and I've never not rooted for a guy during the very early call ups in their career.

Wonder why he switched Stubbs and Cozy? It matters zero, I just wondered.

Is Paul maybe getting a few starts to see if he's a serviceable lefty for the rest of the way?....

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Wonder why he switched Stubbs and Cozy? It matters zero, I just wondered.

Is Paul maybe getting a few starts to see if he's a serviceable lefty for the rest of the way?....
    Might as well get him some AB's while you are still playing the Astros.

Gotta get Paul going.

Does Dusty just pull names out of a hat for the lineup everyday or what? Day in and day out his lineups make no sense whatsoever. I honestly want to take a side project and figure out how many runs the Reds leave on the table each game throughout the season simply because of the lineup order. I wouldn't be shocked if the Reds are losing 0.5-1.0 expected runs on average each game

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joesh View Post
    Does Dusty just pull names out of a hat for the lineup everyday or what? Day in and day out his lineups make no sense whatsoever. I honestly want to take a side project and figure out how many runs the Reds leave on the table each game throughout the season simply because of the lineup order. I wouldn't be shocked if the Reds are losing 0.5-1.0 expected runs on average each game
    Thats just a crazy guess on your part due to a hatred for Dusty. How would you go about proving that anyway.

It's hard to speculate what a different lineup would do. To assume hit counts stay the same is incorrect...they'd get different pitches based on the situation. The variance is way too high. 4th best record in baseball suggests let Dusty keep doing what he's doing.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrRedLegger View Post
    It's hard to speculate what a different lineup would do. To assume hit counts stay the same is incorrect...they'd get different pitches based on the situation. The variance is way too high. 4th best record in baseball suggests let Dusty keep doing what he's doing.
    Good point....we have the 4th best record in baseball and the 2nd best in the NL and all people do is complain. I really hope something is done about these boards so we can start getting rid of some of the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesh View Post
    Dart Board..

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Cubs up 1 - 0 in top of first

go Cubs!
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Frazier batting 7th.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old Righthander View Post
    Cubs up 1 - 0 in top of first

go Cubs!
    Drew Sutton starting in LF again for the Pirates.

That team could use another OF with a bat.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Thats just a crazy guess on your part due to a hatred for Dusty. How would you go about proving that anyway.
    It's common opinion around the world of baseball that Dusty makes terrible lineups....that there's no common sense involved with his decision-making when it comes to lineup construction. I doubt if any "hatred" for a Manager has any bearing on his conjecturing on what difference that manager makes in the total wins of a season. Pretty sure it's based on the decisions the Manager makes, and not on his personal feelings about the man. Why you would think that I have no idea.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 07-24-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Turn Off Ads?