Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday 7/25/2012 Minor League Updates

Wednesday 7/25/2012 Minor League Updates

Brett Tomko made the start for Louisville with mixed results. He went three innings, giving up four hits, two walks and three runs. The Bats have been pretty much silent on offense so far. Costanzo with a single and a double. Gregorius, Valaika and Felix Perez with singles. Perez now hitting .280 on the season. Louisville trails 4 zip in the 8th.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wednesday 7/25/2012 Minor League Updates

Top of the fifth and Hunstville leads Pensacola by a score of 5-1. Billy Hamilton walked, stole second and scored on a single by Bryson Smith in the first. Ryan LaMarre and David Vidal both have singled as well. Kyle Lotzkar was stung by the long ball tonight, giving up three of them. 4IP 6H 4R 3ER 3BB 5K. Wilkin De La Rosa has pitched and inning and has given up a tater too.

Dayton and Great Lakes in a brouhaha, tied at 7 in the eight inning. Three Dragons have left the park, O'Shea, Waldrop and Buckley. Sammy Diaz, recently called up from Billings, is 1 for 2 with a walk. He replaced Jefry Sierra who was 1 for 1. Juan Perez is 2 for 4. Jacob Johnson with another rough start. He worked 5.2 innings but did not receive much help from his defense. He gave up 7 runs but only 4 were earned. He didn't walk a batter and struck out six. El'Hajj Muhammad pitched a scoreless 1 1/3 innings.

Billings outlasted Grand Junction by a score of 12-11 in 10 innings. Maddox and Mejias-Brean left the stadium.

Beau Amaral three doubles and a walk, 2 runs scored and 2 driven in.
    Jesse Winker 1 for 5 with a walk, 1 run scored and 1 driven in.
    Mejias-Brean 3 for 5 with a walk, a double and a home run, 2 runs scored, 2 driven in. He is now hitting .406.
    Maddox 2 for 6, 1 run scored, 3 driven in.
    Zach Vincej 2 for 5, 1 run scored, 2 driven in.
    Fray Sosa 1 for 3 with a walk, 3 runs scored.
    Carlos Sanchez and Taylor Wrenn with singles.

I am not sure the why or hype about Lotkzar.I have yet to see this kid have his control under control this season.He generally gets behind in the count and throws his fastball high and gets hit.General rule of thumb for his season so far.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ucnum1 View Post
    I am not sure the why or hype about Lotkzar.I have yet to see this kid have his control under control this season.He generally gets behind in the count and throws his fastball high and gets hit.General rule of thumb for his season so far.

His stuff is very good. His control has seemingly gotten worse as the season has gone on. Still, patience needs to be preached with him. Coming into the season he had 180 innings pitched in 5 years since being drafted. He is incredibly young in terms of experience despite being 22. Toss in that he has completely overhauled his mechanics, he had 110 innings with those mechanics coming into the year. Still, above-average fastball velocity and a plus breaking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by ucnum1 View Post
    Don't look at his stats right now...

1.) He is at a career high in innings, so he is tired...
    2.) 22 and at AA, most guys his age are now just graduating college and beginning Low A or Rookie ball...

Josh Ravin showing off why he has one of the best arms in the system just now. Faced 4 batters, struck out three and walked one. Throwing up to 97 with that breaking ball.... just unfair when he can throw strikes.

And Didi Gregorius just hit a walk off solo home run, Bats win 5-4.

Didi has shown suprising power, especially with the long right field at Louisville Slugger Field.

Quote Originally Posted by batsfan View Post
    Didi has shown suprising power, especially with the long right field at Louisville Slugger Field.
    I have been saying for the last two years that he has the bat speed and swing for power when he wants to use it, but that he has seemed to be more concentrated on just making contact and trying to slap at the ball a little too often. It seems that he really has started trying to hit for a little more power over the last 6 weeks or so. I missed his home run tonight, so hopefully the milb.tv archive goes up before I wind up in bed tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I have been saying for the last two years that he has the bat speed and swing for power when he wants to use it, but that he has seemed to be more concentrated on just making contact and trying to slap at the ball a little too often. It seems that he really has started trying to hit for a little more power over the last 6 weeks or so. I missed his home run tonight, so hopefully the milb.tv archive goes up before I wind up in bed tonight.
    If Didi hits more 15 HR power does he move into elite status??

Quote Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
    If Didi hits more 15 HR power does he move into elite status??
    This season? Yeah, that would be 15 home runs in about half of a season from a slick fielding, high contact rate hitting shortstop. I just don't think he has that in him. If he hits say 15 home runs next year in a full season, it probably pushes him into the Top 100 prospects in the game unless the other parts of his offense fall apart in the process.

Bryson Smith had two hits in Pensacola's 6-2 loss. A year after being drafted in the 34th round, he's now hitting .333 in Double-A. Cool.

The AZL Reds are having 'em some fun tonight. They're up 8-0 after six. That's with just one extra-base hit, a triple by recently signed catcher Jose Ortiz.

Jose Guzman started and pitched just 1/3 of an inning. Mike Saunders and Michael Salter have done the good work since.

Turn Off Ads?