Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best bullpen arm on the market

Best bullpen arm on the market

Walt should trade for. It is clear to me outside Chapman and Marshall(and he isn't having his best year) this teams bullpen is a little thin. Another power arm replacing Ondrusek would really make this staff strong. I fear watching him pitch in October.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Best bullpen arm on the market

Nick Masset is coming back soon which will help alot

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    Walt should trade for. It is clear to me outside Chapman and Marshall(and he isn't having his best year) this teams bullpen is a little thin. Another power arm replacing Ondrusek would really make this staff strong. I fear watching him pitch in October.
    Fernando Rodney?
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...odnefe01.shtml

Rick Ankiel

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

We aren't thin in the least...

Our bullpen has the lowest ERA in all of baseball. If that's thin then you might wanna rethink your expectations.

EMAW

I would not say he is great, but Broxton is certainly available. Royals would probably unload for mid tier prospect.

EMAW

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Rick Ankiel
    Already got Valdez, that dude beat the Reds last year

I'll pass on another bullpen arm. We've got JJ Hoover ready for action in AAA, Masset on the way back, and bigger problems on the offense.

I have trouble finding a spot for Massett when he gets off the DL. Every single pitcher in that bullpen does not deserve a demotion

We are stronger in relief pitching than we are anything else...but then again there's no such thing as having a pen that's too good. Its an area every club is constantly trying to improve...but if Walt makes a move, no doubt it will be a relief arm for an outfielder. We can live without some of the relievers we have and other clubs are desperately trying to bolster their bullpens for late in the season.
    Last edited by joshua; 07-26-2012 at 01:40 AM.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

The pen will be fine. Manufacturing runs against playoff-caliber pitching is, was and always will be priority No. 1 in any type of deals.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    We aren't thin in the least...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Our bullpen has the lowest ERA in all of baseball. If that's thin then you might wanna rethink your expectations.
    Spot on. We actually have a bit of a surplus of relievers even without Masset. Hoover geting sent down with good numbers demonstrates this. So does our team bullpen ERA. So does the fact that our long man or mop up man Simon has sterling numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    We are stronger in relief pitching than we are anything else...but then again there's no such thing as having a pen that's too good.
    Agreed.

Why on earth would the Reds feel like they needed such a huge improvement to what has been the best bullpen in the National League?

Seriously, guys. I know we all want a move to be made, but some of these threads are just getting silly.

Turn Off Ads?