What are some of your favorite local bands? Being from Cincinnati, I can name plenty of bands from here that I love seeing live. Afghan Whigs; Wussy; Heartless Bastards, etc. And if you extend it to Dayton, Guided by Voices; the Deal sisters' projects; Enon, etc).

But to get a little less national, here are some of my favorites from around the area.

Automagik They sound to me like a power pop band with a very young vibe. Queen would be an obvious influence, hence the songs being very catchy. My favorite song on the album is "Brainfreeze". Here's a video from the album.
Automagik - Teleportation Blues - YouTube

The Dopamines These are really cool dudes who have gotten some national attention. It's straight-up pop punk. Oh, and they're big Reds fans.
The Dopamines - Glendora - YouTube

The Prohibitionists It's a classic blues/rockabilly band with an awesome garage sound. They tend to highlight any show no matter where they play in the lineup.
the prohibitionists- chapter 1 - YouTube

The Ready Stance With a refined pop sound, it's more for fans of R.E.M. who like a little indie pop. And if you're into that sort of thing, they have some sweet rigs that I believe were locally-made.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...SuR7iiI#t=625s

Vacation This is definitely the most unique band on the list. Post-punk would be a lazy description, but it's the best I can come up with since I need a vague word to cover all the sub-genres they're into. I'd recommend them for fans of Titus Andronicus who like to get a little crazier.
Vacation: "Big Scary Dudes" - YouTube