Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Robert Stephenson being sent to Dayton

Re: Robert Stephenson being sent to Dayton

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    No, that was his curveball.
    Maybe I was watching a different game, but I don't recall him ever hitting the strike zone with that 78 mph curve ball. He bounced several of them up there, but I didn't think he hit the zone at all.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    Maybe I was watching a different game, but I don't recall him ever hitting the strike zone with that 78 mph curve ball. He bounced several of them up there, but I didn't think he hit the zone at all.
    He had a real nice buckler in the inside corner to a righty, want to say the 4th inning. His command was off on it though most of the night.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

There were a few curveballs in the strikezone. I have some video of a few.

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    Not saying he had great command of it, but hitting the strike zone isn't always the intention when throwing a curveball.

I have seen several guys hit the scoreboard over the concession stand in left that were quite a bit further than the one hit last night.
    The scoreboard shots are always cool too. Yorman and Duran did that quite a bit last year during BP. Yorman's line drives off the scoreboard clock were fun to watch.

Andrew Means once hit one half way up the video board during his first year in Dayton, now that was impressive

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post

Andrew Means once hit one half way up the video board during his first year in Dayton, now that was impressive
    Means is a real interesting guy. He has some serious bat speed going on, and he is strong, but he simply doesn't hit for power.

Means is a real interesting guy. He has some serious bat speed going on, and he is strong, but he simply doesn't hit for power.
    Interesting to say the least. If he could ever harness his power, he could really do some damage

MLB.com article "Stephenson turning heads"

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

Met him tonight after the game. Got autos and pics. My teenage niece was "shaking" after posing for her pic with him. Nice kid. Brilliant smile.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Stephenson with a great bounceback start last night.

6IP 3H 0R 0ER 0BB 9K

This brings Stephenson's season numbers to:

11.65 K/9, 3.18 BB/9, 0.53 HR/9. He is still unlucky with a .386 BABIP and a 62 LOB%, which is partially why his ERA is 4.76, but his FIP is a solid 2.44.

Speaking of Stephenson, he started yesterday May 8, counting the Dragons schedule, it looks like he is due to be pitching at home on Thursday, May 23 which is a Reds' off day. I went to stubhub to try to buy tickets to this game, but I did not see any tickets available. Since the Dragons games are always sold out, what is the best way to buy tickets? Thanks.

Interesting that Stephenson credited Sal Romano's advice to go back to his high school delivery as the reason for his excellent start last night. Just goes to show you that even professional coaching can be more art than science, and sometimes less is more.

Interesting that Stephenson credited Sal Romano's advice to go back to his high school delivery as the reason for his excellent start last night. Just goes to show you that even professional coaching can be more art than science, and sometimes less is more.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post

Speaking of Stephenson, he started yesterday May 8, counting the Dragons schedule, it looks like he is due to be pitching at home on Thursday, May 23 which is a Reds' off day. I went to stubhub to try to buy tickets to this game, but I did not see any tickets available. Since the Dragons games are always sold out, what is the best way to buy tickets? Thanks.
    Tickets are available on their website for that game right now.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Tickets are available on their website for that game right now.
    Thanks for the heads up. I actually called the ticket office and grabbed four for the game. Do you believe that I am right and Stephenson should start that night if he stays on his normal rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I actually called the ticket office and grabbed four for the game. Do you believe that I am right and Stephenson should start that night if he stays on his normal rotation?
    No clue. I didn't count forward. Of course with Cueto pitching tonight, it may push everyone back a day. Or maybe they will just skip someone, like Guillon, who has really struggled, to get him some extra bullpen work or something.

No clue. I didn't count forward. Of course with Cueto pitching tonight, it may push everyone back a day. Or maybe they will just skip someone, like Guillon, who has really struggled, to get him some extra bullpen work or something.
    There rotation has been funky lately. They've dropped a 6th man in there recently, sometimes 5.

Turn Off Ads?