Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watching LA-STL on MLBTV

They are remarkably lucky....but one thing I do like.....When watching the 0-0 game turn into a 12-0 game in one inning, the 8 highlights ESPN showed in that 12 runs....every single one was to opposite field. I don't know if we pitch them smarter or what the last series but they are one team extremely willing to go oppo.

And their luck has to be running low....Reds aren't exactly unlucky this year.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Double post

Re: Watching LA-STL on MLBTV

Other teams do pitch them bad almost every guy they have wants to be pitched to go to RF and they get pitched to their strengthens non-stop. You can kill Craig and Freese inside but they never get pounded in there.

I wondered why they pinch hit for Freese when he was 3 for 3. And now the rest of the story.....
    St. Louis Cardinals third baseman David Freese left the game due to an injured leg.

Apparently just calf cramps

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I wondered why they pinch hit for Freese when he was 3 for 3. And now the rest of the story.....
    LOL...injured leg! Matheny lied like a dog. He wanted Greene in there to steal 2B, and the idiot got picked off. Freeze was back strong as ever in the following day game.

The Dodgers pretty much blew that series. As someone noted, they did not pitch to the Cards' weaknesses until game 3, when they held them to just 2 hit 'till the 9th. The Cards will try to sweep the Cubs again, starting this afternoon in Wrigley. I hope it's on WGN.

Not sure why my Wood thread got closed I guess his mom posts or something. Seems odd we can't have a thread on other games with 60 games or so left. But anyway those 5 HR allowed in 5 innings to the Cardinals set their franchise record and then Cubs lose a double when Jon Jay makes the play of his career on defense to fit right in with their unprecedented luck.

Wood has really regressed after the all-star break. Might need some rest.

Wood let us down today as the Cubs got him 6 in 3 innings and he gave up 8 in 5, the BP held them to 1 over the final 4 innings but Cards held them to 0 thanks to tons of balls right at defenders.

Lance Lynn has gave up 6 runs 3 times this year and the Cardinals have won 2 of the games while the Reds SP have won giving up 6 once the whole year.

Here is yet another thing that makes my blood boil about this lucky dudes.

2012 have 4.94 RPG
    2011 have 4.70 RPG

Last year they had Pujols there and Berkman had a career high OPS+ season. Now this year they don't have Albert at all and Berkman hit his 2nd HR of the year and drove in 7th run of the season in the 100th game of the year today.

Turn Off Ads?