Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Playoffs?....You're Talkin Bout Playoffs?

Re: Playoffs?....You're Talkin Bout Playoffs?

Wait, just to be clear, after the NLDS, it is all the same format, right?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WDE View Post
    Wait, just to be clear, after the NLDS, it is all the same format, right?
    Yes

Cueto and Latos have 6 starts barring adjustments....everyone else 5

Innings count (projected) to begin playoffs.

Cueto 222
    Latos 208
    Homer 200
    Arroyo 197
    Leake 189

As projected Cueto would pitch #161 and Latos #162....but pitching then would have Cueto's final start on Tues and Game 1 on Sat or Sunday...if it's Sunday it's perfect for those two BUT Arroyo and whoever else will have a huge layoff....Bronson would have 12 days off...as would Homer or Leake.

What should they do? To me if Cueto and Latos are right on and Arroyo is thrown a curveball....Arroyo can handle it, but would worry about the other two....but should be enough to take the series.

If it starts on Saturday then some creative switching needs to be done or have Cueto and Latos on 9 or 10 days rest...

All im focused on now for this team is the playoffs because this division is wrapped up. Ohio State football has taken away alot of my time spent here now but thats fine knowing this team is in cruise control until october

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    All im focused on now for this team is the playoffs because this division is wrapped up. Ohio State football has taken away alot of my time spent here now but thats fine knowing this team is in cruise control until october
    That's exactly how I feel. Reds baseball has always behind Auburn football to me. However, this October I might be watching some baseball, something I have never really done save the short period during 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by WDE View Post
    That's exactly how I feel. Reds baseball has always behind Auburn football to me. However, this October I might be watching some baseball, something I have never really done save the short period during 2010.
    Agreed, all my other teams take a backseat to Ohio State Football but i still love the Reds very much i just trust they aren't going to have an epic, epic, epic choke and win this divison.

This thread was about our starting pitchers' innings and if it might affect them in the playoffs and the upcoming years due to lack of prior season's innings.

After Cueto's performance today against the Phils, I think Dusty needs to give him some rest. We have some weaker teams yet to play. Why not skip his next start, which would be the Cubs this weekend. Do the same with everyone. Skip a start or two with everyone. Then set up the rotation for the playoffs the last week of the season. There is a definite advantage to having a big lead in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    After Cueto's performance today against the Phils, I think Dusty needs to give him some rest. We have some weaker teams yet to play. Why not skip his next start, which would be the Cubs this weekend. Do the same with everyone. Skip a start or two with everyone. Then set up the rotation for the playoffs the last week of the season. There is a definite advantage to having a big lead in the division.
    At some point yes....especially if we fall on the Sat schedule. Dusty doesn't trust Leake for the playoffs....but he could go every 4 days I bet to the end to work in some extra days off.

Eh?

Arroyo going 2nd it looks like

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    The 2-3 set up for just for this year is ridiculous, you could be the team with the better record and get just 1 home game if you slip up.
    I do like where there is only one off day so you do expose the number 4 starter. A 2-2-1 series would be 2 off days and probably only 3 starters would be needed.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

The Snakes never quite made that run.

Cueto???

Turn Off Ads?