Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Playoffs?....You're Talkin Bout Playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    while that is true sometimes, you also have to have talent to pull that off and St Louis last season had some great players on it and they finally put it together at the end of the season after starting off slow, i wouldn't call it luck they just started playing at their talent level. Their starting pitching was terrific and their hitting was top 5 in baseball. Same thing applys to the giants the season before, they had some great players on that team. You dont go on those kinds of runs without good players
    Both those teams worked the pitchers to death in the playoffs and had all the timely hitting.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Playoffs?....You're Talkin Bout Playoffs?

Depending on the Reds division lead early to mid Sept. they can skip a start or
    two.With Rosters expanding we could have the youngsters pitch a game or two.
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullboat View Post
    Depending on the Reds division lead early to mid Sept. they can skip a start or
    two.With Rosters expanding we could have the youngsters pitch a game or two.
    Do you think they should do that?

Homer threw around 205 innings in 2009 between Louisville and Cincinnati. He'd be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Do you think they should do that?
    If we have a safe lead 7 to 10 games why not.Arroyo and Latos can
    tough it out but leake will need a break.
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Homer threw around 205 innings in 2009 between Louisville and Cincinnati. He'd be fine.
    22..... 147 inn
    23..... 205 inn (arm trouble next 2 yr)
    24..... 132 inn
    25..... 162 inn

26.....231 with postseason run? Will that cause him issues for two seasons?

Panicking Fan since 1993

22..... 147 inn
    24..... 132 inn
    25..... 162 inn

it obviously isn't a slide rule kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by OldCat View Post
    it obviously isn't a slide rule kind of thing.
    I know just attacking it the wussification of sports way.

Not everyone is Mark Pryor.

i don't think the reds will shut anyone down but it could be a problem down the stretch. hopefully i won't be tho. it would be kinda cool if all 5 threw 200 ip tho.

22..... 147 inn
    24..... 132 inn
    25..... 162 inn

If the Reds win the World Series will anyone but Homer care?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    If the Reds win the World Series will anyone but Homer care?
    yea b/c if we win don't pretend next year you won't want to again

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_4 View Post
    while that is true sometimes, you also have to have talent to pull that off and St Louis last season had some great players on it and they finally put it together at the end of the season after starting off slow, i wouldn't call it luck they just started playing at their talent level. Their starting pitching was terrific and their hitting was top 5 in baseball. Same thing applys to the giants the season before, they had some great players on that team. You dont go on those kinds of runs without good players
    I totally agree. It also helps to have a great tactical manager at the helm. It's a gross overstatement to say that "anything can happen inthe playoffs."

To me right now it is Cueto #1 and Bailey #2. I would then pick either Latos or Arroyo #3 based on who the opponent is. Right now we could be looking at a divisional series against the Giants whom Latos just owns.

As for the innings pitched deal I worry about 2013 in 2013. If the Reds somewhow pull away from the Central pack maybe to cut back a bit but I'm really not worried about any of them breaking down.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    To me right now it is Cueto #1 and Bailey #2. I would then pick either Latos or Arroyo #3 based on who the opponent is. Right now we could be looking at a divisional series against the Giants whom Latos just owns.

As for the innings pitched deal I worry about 2013 in 2013. If the Reds somewhow pull away from the Central pack maybe to cut back a bit but I'm really not worried about any of them breaking down.
    I agree....but Dusty will separate 2 of the harder throwers with Arroyo....to me you make Arroyo #3 and separate Homer and Latos. I know that if it comes down to it between Bronson and Leake Dusty will take Bronson. Leake can't be forgotten.

Leake and Bronson might be two of our best if you think about how intense the crowds will be....their style fits the bill.....especially a hostile visiting crowd. Everything is greatly magnified....will be fun!

Homer and Cueto have both put a ton of work in to become stronger and have more stamina. You can really see the difference in both. Still a WS run could bother both of those guys next year...those would be the two that would worry me. Not so much worried about Leake, he has a pretty easy delivery and he's an athletic guy. Arroyo and Latos will both be fine imo.

Turn Off Ads?