Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thursday 7/26/2012 Minor League Updates

Thursday 7/26/2012 Minor League Updates

Louisville falls behind 2-0 in the top of the first. Todd Redmond gives up 3 hits and 2 runs. Henry Rodriguez with a one-out double in the bottom half of the inning.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thursday 7/26/2012 Minor League Updates

Daniel Corcino will chunk the rock for the Wahoos starting in about 45 minutes as they face the Huntsville Whatevers.

Dragons just underway. James Allen will be pitching for Dayton this evening as he faces off against Duke von Schamann of the Great Lake Loons. Joseph Winker is the lineup for Great Lakes. He is from Orlando, Florida. Wonder if that is any relation to Reds' farmhand Jesse Winker?

Incidentally, Jesse Winker is the second most exciting news item out of Windmere, Florida recently.

Number one you ask? The Windmere, Florida sinkhole.

Wahoos need to win. I want an extra two weeks of baseball. Players want an extra two weeks of pay and less instructs.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Didi Gregorius with an RBI double. He is averaging an XBH every 6.44 at bats in AAA. In Pensacola it was one XBH every 15.8 at bats.

Really wonder what the RF park factor for Pensacola is.....

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Didi Gregorius with an RBI double. He is averaging an XBH every 6.44 at bats in AAA. In Pensacola it was one XBH every 15.8 at bats.

Pensacola is one of the bigger Southern League stadiums with its dimensions. I know its bigger then Montgomery, Mobile, and Chattanooga. Only Birmingham and Jacksonville would be bigger. Maybe Huntsville.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Dragons just underway. James Allen will be pitching for Dayton this evening as he faces off against Duke von Schamann of the Great Lake Loons. Joseph Winker is the lineup for Great Lakes. He is from Orlando, Florida. Wonder if that is any relation to Reds' farmhand Jesse Winker?
    Joe and Jesse are brothers

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Incidentally, Jesse Winker is the second most exciting news item out of Windmere, Florida recently.

Number one you ask? The Windmere, Florida sinkhole.

Hellmouth (Buffy the Vampire reference- not a religious one)

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post

Didi's recent performances are starting to make me wonder if Cozart isn't expendable via trade. LOL. Good to see out of him. I had him pegged as simply a singles hitter up until lately.

Wild one in Louisville. Bats trail 10-7 after eight innings. Todd Redmond struck out eight batters in 5.1 IP, but gave up nine hits and five runs. Jordan Smith got cuffed around, surrendering four runs in 2.0 IP. Not a good season for Jordan. HRod, Soto and Redmond with two hits each. Puckett went yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Didi's recent performances are starting to make me wonder if Cozart isn't expendable via trade. LOL. Good to see out of him. I had him pegged as simply a singles hitter up until lately.
    I've read on several threads now (well, at least two) that Didi might soon be shoving Cozart aside. I just don't see it. And that's no disrespect for Gregorius, who looks like an outstanding prospect. I just think that Cozart is being decidedly undervalued. In my view, he has become a guy you can seriously trust as a defensive SS. He makes his share of outstanding plays, to boot (ooh, bad choice of word). Offensively, he's an extra-base hitter and a decent baserunner. His OBP skills are lacking at the moment, but I think that is exaggerated by the fact that he's misplaced at the top of the order. He's no leadoff guy. At least, not as a rookie. But on the whole, Cozart is not a guy I'm looking to replace in the lineup.

Blue Fish and Whatevers tied at two after five innings of play. Lutz is two for two with a blast. Vidal has doubled. Hamilton has singled and walked. No steals. Corcino cruising along. 6IP 5H 2ER 1BB 5K.

James Allen pitched seven innings of one-hit, shutout baseball. Dragons took a 3-0 lead into the bottom of the ninth and nearly coughed it up. Dennhart pitched a scoreless eighth, but Yovan Gonzalez was taken deep on a two-run blast. Dayton didn't have on their hitting shoes but didn't really need them. A double by Silva, singles by YRod and Perez and two hits by Ryan Wright were enough. Dayton hangs on 3-2.

Pioneer League is sitting around the campfire tonight. No baseball is being played out West.

Turn Off Ads?