Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Football 2013

Re: UK Football 2012

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Thought you guys might be amused by where Joker ended up.

http://www.gatorzone.com/story.php?id=24445
    Not amused, actually happy for him.

He was in over his head as a head coach. He's excellent as a recruiting coordinator and was responsible for bringing in some great talent to Lexington. He just couldn't coach them up.

Great hire for Florida and I'll be pulling for Joker to do well, until September 28th.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Joker will finally get to whoop UL again.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    The scuttlebutt I'm hearing is Bear Strong to UT and BOBBY P!! back to UL!

LMAO, that would be something.

Cards fans despise the guy, guessing they would forget about that pretty quickly though.
    More importantly Jurich hates Petrino. Won't happen.

The Arkansas hire gives me hope with Strong. He would have been ahead of Bielma on the list so he must have turned them down. That always seemed to be his most likely landing place.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    More importantly Jurich hates Petrino. Won't happen.

The Arkansas hire gives me hope with Strong. He would have been ahead of Bielma on the list so he must have turned them down. That always seemed to be his most likely landing place.
    I was wondering how the relationship with BP and Jurich stood ? Listening to a local Louisville sports station on way home, they were mentioning Schnellenberger coaching bowl game if Strong takes the UT position tomorrow.
    As far as the post about Petrino leaving again if he was rehired, I dont think we can have a lot of confidence in any coach any more at that aspect. Well I think Sabin would have to be looney to consider leaving.
    If Stoops does well, people will come calling just like the current Strong, Davis situations.
    As far as UK, WMR had me about doing a cartwheel (which would not be a pretty sight ) when he said Brown was the man.
    Hopefully the Brown hire will come true.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    I was wondering how the relationship with BP and Jurich stood ? Listening to a local Louisville sports station on way home, they were mentioning Schnellenberger coaching bowl game if Strong takes the UT position tomorrow.
    As far as the post about Petrino leaving again if he was rehired, I dont think we can have a lot of confidence in any coach any more at that aspect. Well I think Sabin would have to be looney to consider leaving.
    If Stoops does well, people will come calling just like the current Strong, Davis situations.
    As far as UK, WMR had me about doing a cartwheel (which would not be a pretty sight ) when he said Brown was the man.
    Hopefully the Brown hire will come true.
    Strong to Tennessee is looking likely. If so, I'd expect them to promote Watson after making a run at former alum Jay Gruden.

I'm guessing Jay Gruden is the first choice. He might very well come back to Louisville. If not, why not Butch Davis? The move to the ACC makes it easier for UC to swallow, and he'd be taking a step up, IMO. (The ACC move is a big one.)

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    I'm guessing Jay Gruden is the first choice. He might very well come back to Louisville. If not, why not Butch Davis? The move to the ACC makes it easier for UC to swallow, and he'd be taking a step up, IMO. (The ACC move is a big one.)
    I assume you mean Butch Jones. That would be surprising and most fans wouldn't be too happy about it. UofL will want to keep the Florida pipeline open which really isn't Jones' turf.

I'm a Louisville fan. I never hated Petrino. He left Louisville for an NFL job, so why should I be mad at him? I'd welcome him back iwith open arms. I thoroughly enjoyed the 41-9 and would love to do it again.

Strong told the Cards fans they need to be more like BBN. Better check his pool for floaters!

Made the Lil Bro fans madder than hell!

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=17&f=2759&t=10828214&p=1
    Last edited by WMR; 12-04-2012 at 08:44 PM.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Strong told the Cards fans they need to be more like BBN. Better check his pool for floaters!

Made the Lil Bro fans madder than hell!
    Yes....even if the UT thing fell/falls thru, this has alot of Cardinal fans livid.

part of BBN

Well , looks like Sonny Dykes is going to Cal which in turn could net Neal Brown the Louisiana Tech head coaching job.
    I was really hoping Brown to be the OC. Who knows how it will play out.

part of BBN

Update: Several others now mentioning Brown which makes his coming to UK less likely.

Update: Several others now mentioning Brown which makes his coming to UK less likely.
    Southern Miss and UTEP head coaching vacancies. I think he would leave for Kentucky for an offensive coordinator job being from Kentucky and playing here, but not to pass up on a head coaching job.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

part of BBN

Stoops continues to put together impressive staff. Hopefully we hear from Brown tomorrow.

Stoops continues to put together impressive staff. Hopefully we hear from Brown tomorrow.
    Sounds like it's a done deal. Neal Brown will be the OC.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?