Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Football 2013

Re: UK Football 2012

Youtube blocked at work, but is that Kige Ramsey? That's my guess

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm holding out cautious hope that we can surprise Louisville Week 1.

My hope vanishes when Morgan Newton takes the field at QB

part of BBN

Reports from todays scrimmage were basically titled with things like "offense sputters "...etc.
    Also said defense well ahead of offense. With the loss of Trevathan/Guy, not sure that's a very good thing right now. Defense got a pick 6 and a "near" pick 6 as well.
    Reports also indicated it will be between Smith/Newton at QB with Smith in the slight lead at this point.

Reminds me of a quote from Groundhog Day...

"It's gonna be long, it's gonna be cold, and it's gonna last for the rest of your life."

Or something thereabouts.

Alright, I've got my Joker Phillips trollface ready for football season

<---

A Meetchy troll face would be more apropo. Too bad he couldn't stay on that mountain.

This quote is the one that ended Mitch's goodwill with me.

“I’m going to fight through stuff. My great frustration in the world we live in today is it’s a microwave society. We have determined that everything must happen instantly. And if it doesn’t, we’re on to the next thing.”

IT'S A MICROWAVE SOCIETY BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE PAYING MORE MONEY THAN EVER FOR TICKETS, K-FUND, PARKING PASSES, ETC AND NOT GETTING A SUPERIOR PRODUCT THAN WHAT THEY WERE PAYING FOR BEFORE! NO WONDER EVERYONE'S A LITTLE PISSED OFF.

Sorry, I'm done, but eff Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post

“I’m going to fight through stuff. My great frustration in the world we live in today is it’s a microwave society. We have determined that everything must happen instantly. And if it doesn’t, we’re on to the next thing.”

IT'S A MICROWAVE SOCIETY BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE PAYING MORE MONEY THAN EVER FOR TICKETS, K-FUND, PARKING PASSES, ETC AND NOT GETTING A SUPERIOR PRODUCT THAN WHAT THEY WERE PAYING FOR BEFORE! NO WONDER EVERYONE'S A LITTLE PISSED OFF.

Couldn't have put it any better.

Kentucky's fans expectations aren't unreasonable in football. There aren't many schools that fans are happy with just making it to a bowl game. A New Years bowl game will provide added job security.

It would take a home run hire to get fans in the seats, and no coach is going to want to come to Lexington to play second fiddle to John Calipari.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

That quote is also terrible because it's not like Joker came into a rebuilding situation. The program was left in the best shape it's ever been and after two years it's back as bad as the probation years.

Bobby Petrino is available and can't be picky. And you know he'd win. A LOT.

I see nothing wrong with his quote. He's absolutely right. Fans wanted Brooks gone-- he proved them wrong. Patience is sometimes rewarded. And today's society is absolutely far too impatient for its own good.

Barnhart's made the right hire in men's basketball, women's basketball (twice), baseball (twice), women's soccer, golf, volleyball, and tennis. He also hired Rich Brooks, IIRC. He's created a sports' program that's well-rounded with top 25 teams in many different sports and one that's just begun to compete nationally in at least five of those. He's done it all without a hint of scandal or subterfuge. His teams graduate players (overall student-athlete gpa just over 3.0, IIRC) at an elite level as well.

If you're going to "eff Mitch", I'm sure Western Kentucky would gladly take his results any time. So would just about any collegiate program in the country.

That said, I don't know if Joker is the best choice for Kentucky football. IMO, he'd have been much better off to either go young, envelope-pushing, new idea guy (Hal Mumme, without the Claude Bassett shenanigans). He thought he'd found a guy like that in Phillips. But the style of play-- especially offensively-- was really conservative. Far too conservative for a team like Kentucky. Maybe the guy's learned-- he certainly talks like he's going to air it out a bit. Just three years ago, his offense was among the best in the nation, with impact performers at every skill position (Woodson, Burton, et al.).

Jury is out on Henderson still
    Barnhart hired Gillispie, it was public knowledge the boosters told him to stay away when they hired Calipari.

The other Olympics Sports don't matter in the grand scheme of things...It's Football and Basketball, and Mitch has failed in both instances

Tough jury.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Barnhart hired Gillispie, it was public knowledge the boosters told him to stay away when they hired Calipari.

The other Olympics Sports don't matter in the grand scheme of things...It's Football and Basketball, and Mitch has failed in both instances
    Boosters don't hire anyone.

ADs and school presidents do.

Barnhart, for the most part, has been a dream hire. He's kept his athletes out of trouble with the NCAA and graduated a great many of them. He's made once irrelevant programs relevant. As he should-- it's an AD's job to do that, despite your opinion on what matters and what doesn't.

Dude deserves respect, not an "eff".

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Tough jury.
    1 season out of how many? Lets see him do it more than one year.

Its not that hard to have successful olympic sports if you put ANY sort of funding into it, you will be top 20

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Turn Off Ads?