Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Football 2013

part of BBN

UK Football 2013

I noticed some local radio are already playing alot of UK-UofL chatter with the football season going to kick off in a little over a month.
    Just curious what the UK Redszone fans are forecasting for the upcoming season.
    Joker is using the 2-2 record in their last 4 games as a building block and thats fine. Glad they beat UT but that was a very out of the ordinary type game.
    I think Max Smith shows some promise and Towles is waiting in wings if Smith falters but that probably wont make much difference this season.
    Looking at their schedule I see no way this team will win more than 3 games so while I will go with 3-9 , it wouldnt surprise me to see them stumble in one of those 3 "winnable games".
    I hope I am wrong but I figure 3-9 with 2-10 as a stong possibilty and this will be Joker's final season as head coach.
    Regardless I will root each week for the Big Blue !

Just want to add, I am sorry to start this thread with such a downer prediction but not very optimistic about this season.
    Last edited by jmac; 07-26-2012 at 09:42 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: UK Football 2012

27% of the season ticket holders share your discouraging viewpoint.

Fwiw, I think this could be the year the Toppers beat Kentucky in football.

Joker's gone at the end of the season, IMO. I like Smith. I like the running backs. La'Rod King is a decent little player. Beyond that? The linebackers are inexperienced, small, and learning a broken system. The offensive line, beyond two decent starters (Warford and Smith) is untested. Two defensive tackles are decent, but role players. The defensive backs are weak, a step slow, and can't tackle all that well.

Worse of all, however, is that offensive system/ play calling. It's beyond horrid. One yard and a cloud of dust doesn't get you much of anywhere and play action on third and long is pretty much asking for a defensive end to kill the QB. Joker has shown no affinity for innovation and less for recruiting.

They'll be lucky to win three games.

I am afraid 3 or 4 wins at the most. UK lost a lot on defense and don't have much playmaking ability on offense. That's a recipe for disaster. I really don't see much hope in beating UL and WKU could certainly beat them. If that happens Joker is gone for sure. About the best scenario is to win the 4 non conference games and hope to steal a couple of conference games to win six. That would get them the Weedeater Bowl or something like that. But I would be shocked if they had six wins at the end of the season.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

It's gonna be brutal. What I have heard... and this could end up being complete bull (bill parcells???)

Anywa, what I HAVE heard, is that if the decision can be wrested from Meeetchy , similarly to how it was done with Cal, there would be between 4-6 million for a head coach. Meetch and Lee Todd are the major road blocks, unfortunately.

Season ticket sales are way, way down and I don't see them picking up. I think it's due more to the overall mood about Joker than the assumed losing year it's likely to be on the field. I'll be surprised if they win more than four games. If they don't, I'd guess Mitch will get rid of Joker.

part of BBN

I read an article where Joker says QB battle is still wide open. Also mentions possibility of red-shirting Towles.
    So not sure if Towles included in the "wide open" or just mainly between Smith and Newton.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    I read an article where Joker says QB battle is still wide open. Also mentions possibility of red-shirting Towles.
    So not sure if Towles included in the "wide open" or just mainly between Smith and Newton.
    I would hope Newton is out of the equation. If not and he starts the majority of games, this season could be more brutal than anticipated.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Kentucky (4-8, 0-8 SEC): I like Joker Phillips, but it’s not looking good.

Roll Tide Roll
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    It's gonna be brutal. What I have heard... and this could end up being complete bull (bill parcells???)

Anywa, what I HAVE heard, is that if the decision can be wrested from Meeetchy , similarly to how it was done with Cal, there would be between 4-6 million for a head coach. Meetch and Lee Todd are the major road blocks, unfortunately.
    Lee Todd is gone, so I would imagine it would be Eli Capiluto.

The fans have no faith in the product on the field right now, evidenced by the return of almost half the tickets for the Kentucky-Louisville game at Louisville.

There are some pieces in place, but I don't see Joker being the coach who capitalizes on it. I said it last year that Kentucky needs an innovative coach who has a gimmick that they can try in the SEC. UK needed to get rid of Joker but I am afraid they did it a year too late.

I tend to agree with Scrap. I think Western Kentucky will beat UK this year, and Joker will be walking around with a tiki torch under his seat. I'm predicting three wins and Joker fired/resigns midseason with Rick Minter taking over for the rest of the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2-10. We will lose to Western and Louisville. Only wins over Kent State and Samford.

Sucks seeing Tee Martin leave, but I don't blame the guy, he'd be on the unemployment line in 6 months as it is.

Mitch is awful, just awful

Double Post. But I feel bad for Dupree, he's this years' Trevathan

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Lee Todd is gone, so I would imagine it would be Eli Capiluto.

The fans have no faith in the product on the field right now, evidenced by the return of almost half the tickets for the Kentucky-Louisville game at Louisville.

There are some pieces in place, but I don't see Joker being the coach who capitalizes on it. I said it last year that Kentucky needs an innovative coach who has a gimmick that they can try in the SEC. UK needed to get rid of Joker but I am afraid they did it a year too late.

I tend to agree with Scrap. I think Western Kentucky will beat UK this year, and Joker will be walking around with a tiki torch under his seat. I'm predicting three wins and Joker fired/resigns midseason with Rick Minter taking over for the rest of the season.
    No, Lee Todd is the one who gave Mitch his ridiculous contract and accompanying buyout, right before he retired.

part of BBN

They say Joker has more of an edge about him this year in his interviews. I mean edge as far as "tightness" and not the easy going type he has portrayed so far in his current position. In other words, he already feels the pressure mounting.
    I fully expect UK to lose to U of L and it probably wont even be close. If they lose 42-10 or somewhere around there, the talk shows will really rev up the "Is Joker the wrong guy talk ?"
    If they lose to WKU and are 1-2 going into SEC play...

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Kentucky (4-8, 0-8 SEC)
    Kentucky is a 14.5 point underdog at Louisville in the opener, so this seems unlikely.

Come on guys, gotta think positive, like this guy.

Kentucky Wildcats Football 2012 Prediction - YouTube
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?