Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Football 2013

part of BBN

Re: UK Football 2013

2. Turn Off Ads?
    part of BBN

According to Justin Rowland, 2014 Ohio LB Dorian Hendrix has committed to the Cats.

The 6’1″ 215 lbs. Hendrix committed during his unofficial visit to UK this afternoon, and also had offers from Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and others, along with interest from Wisconsin, Northwestern, Purdue and Tennessee. He’s currently unranked by Rivals, but 247 Sports lists him as the 25th best inside linebacker in the nation and 29th best prospect in the state of Ohio in the 2014 class.

part of BBN

Over 33,000 tickets now purchased for Spring Game.

Drew Barker talks about getting 115 letters in 1 day from UK
    Posted on March 26, 2013 by Steve Jones

Drew Barker is used to getting a lot of mail.

As one of the nation?s most heavily recruited quarterbacks, the Conner High School junior usually finds 15 to 20 letters in all each day from the multitude of college football coaches who want him to play for their team.

Tuesday, however, was an exceptionally busy day at the mailbox, thanks to Kentucky coach Mark Stoops and his staff.

Barker received 115 hand-written letters from the UK staff alone, with each coach, offense and defense, telling him he?s the Wildcats? No. 1 recruiting priority in 2014.

?I opened up the mailbox like I do every day, and they started falling out,? said Barker, a four-star player ranked as the nation?s No. 153 junior by Rivals.com. ?I was like, ?Oh, my gosh.? It was insane what it looked like in my mailbox. It was all crammed in there, and they had a bunch of rubber bands around them. It was pretty awesome, and I was pretty shocked.?

Barker posted a picture of the letters laid out, nearly covering his entire kitchen table.

All of the envelopes were ?customized,? Barker said, with his No. 7 written somewhere on the outside and ?my name?s all decorated,? and each letter had a different message.

He said the most pieces of mail he had previously received from a single school was about 50 from South Carolina, and he said he?s gotten 40 a couple times from other teams.

Barker said he received about 150 letters in all on Tuesday, including others from North Carolina State, Louisiana State, Louisville, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame, Mississippi State and more.

Those schools all sent one or two pieces of mail apiece. Barker said Stoops, himself, wrote about 10 letters.

?I?ve seen some other crazy pictures of guys getting a bunch of letters in the mail, but I?ve never really seen 115,? the said. ?That was pretty nuts. I didn?t really know what to think.?

cont...
    http://blogs.courier-journal.com/rec...n-one-from-uk/

Recruiting is stupid.

And I'm not saying anything negative about Stoops or UK. If this tactic is effective for this particular player, then more power to them. But it's just another example of how stupid this whole process is.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Recruiting is stupid.

And I'm not saying anything negative about Stoops or UK. If this tactic is effective for this particular player, then more power to them. But it's just another example of how stupid this whole process is.
    Agreed. No blame goes to Stoops or any other staff - all successful programs send these massive batches of mail. If you want to recruit with the big boys, the rules almost dictate you pull stunts like this. It's just another example of how poorly run the NCAA is. Recruiting is completely, and IMO irreparably, out of control, both legally and illegally. They have no grasp on it whatsoever.

That said, Barker looks like a good one. Hope he's the QB that leads UK to prominence.

part of BBN

News : Decommit has UK as favorite

DJ Gillins decommits from Texas Tech

Gillins is ranked as a 5.9 4-star player and the 103rd ranked player overall in the 2014 class and is on ESPN's 2014 Top 250 Watch List. According to @RecruitKentucky, Gillins sent him this over direct message on Twitter:

"wassup man. Kentucky offered me and I'm going to their spring game on April 13″

9. Likes:

WMR (03-31-2013)

part of BBN

Another possibility :

4-star running back Stanley “Boom” Williams de-committed from Georgia earlier today, and apparently Kentucky is now in the mix. “Boom” is the 8th best all-purpose back in the 2014 class and he has offers from Arizona, Auburn, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, LSU, South Carolina, Notre Dame and Oregon.

11. Likes:

jimbo (04-06-2013)

part of BBN

Today's news :

Per Justin Rowland of Rivals, UK has extended an offer to stud 2014 offensive lineman Ty Barrett. The Dallas, TX native (Skyline High School) is an absolute monster of an offensive tackle, listed at 6-5, 309. He also holds offers from Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss and WVU, among others.
    According to Rowland, Barrett “is now one of the Cats’ top OL targets

part of BBN

On today's practice :

On to the Football… the overall message of both Coach Stoops and Brown was that the offense whipped the defense today. Stoops started off by saying that he had never had one side of the ball dominate the other in a scrimmage like he had today. He was very pleased with the offense, but was “very disappointed,” in the defensive output in today’s practice.

So pleased with offense and dissappointed with defense.

I seen a tweet earlier today by Neal Brown where he said, today was the first day that looked like an SEC offense being run.

part of BBN

As of friday :
    42,000 tickets out for Spring Game
    4,500 at last year's

part of BBN

All early commitments obviously might change like this one for example: He would have been a good one !

After reaffirming his verbal commitment to UK a few weeks ago, 2014 4-star defensive end Denzel Ware has decommited from UK. Ware tweeted the following message earlier tonight:

“I wanna thank bbn and every coach at UK but I have decided its best for me to decommit and look at my options my next commitment will be my last.”

part of BBN

I seen where the Game saturday is going to be on in Lexington delayed. Does anyone know if that is just a local channel there or is the UK network carrying it delayed ?

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    I seen where the Game saturday is going to be on in Lexington delayed. Does anyone know if that is just a local channel there or is the UK network carrying it delayed ?
    FSN South is showing it on a delayed basis in the southern states. If you get DirecTV you shold get this on one of the FSN South alternate channels.

http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-...041013aaa.html
    Reds Fan Since 1971

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    FSN South is showing it on a delayed basis in the southern states. If you get DirecTV you shold get this on one of the FSN South alternate channels.

http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-...041013aaa.html
    Much appreciated !

Turn Off Ads?