Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Football 2013

Re: UK Football 2012

Oh yeah, he better pray that Stoops doesn't get his ass kicked by Petrino in the first game... He will NEVER live it down if that happens.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    His pompous comments and attitude are still on the record.

He botched hires at the only two sports that matter.

He gets NO credit for Cal.

Mitchy should just keep his head down and pray that Stoops is the real deal.
    And one of those botches was a sociopathic alcoholic and one of the worst hires that cannot be explained.

I'm highly optimistic with what Stoops has done, but I'll wait and see how it translates onto the field before anointing him the next Bear Bryant.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

UK signed the #1 JuCo DE in the country.

part of BBN

Here's an article on the signing :

Za'Darius Smith, one of the nation's top-rated junior college prospects, announced today he will continue his football career by signing with Kentucky
    Smith racked up 66 tackles and 11 sacks in two seasons at East Mississippi Community College
    Smith rapidly ascended to SEC prowess. A basketball player at heart, he didn't play football until his senior year at Greenville High
    GREENVILLE, Ala. -- Za'Darius Smith, one of the nation's top-rated junior college prospects, signed today to continue his collegiate football career with the Kentucky Wildcats at a press conference at Greenville High School.

"It's been rough, it's been tough and it was a hard thing to do making this decision," Smith said. "But the next two years, I'm going to have to go with the Wildcats."

Smith, the No. 1 junior college strong-side defensive end according to JCGridiron.com, follows his defensive line coach Jimmy Brumbaugh from East Mississippi to Lexington, Ky. Bumbaugh was named the Wildcats defensive line coach on Dec. 18, one of the first hires by new coach Mark Stoops, who recruited Smith when he was the defensive coordinator at Florida State.

"I know this staff," Smith said. "I just feel comfortable here. Coach Stoops is a defensive man. (Brumbaugh) coached me for a year and he got me where I need to be, as in all the SEC and ACC offers. I can continue that and just go on to bigger and better places with him."

Smith racked up 66 tackles and 11 sacks in two seasons at East Mississippi Community College. This season he recorded 6.5 sacks and forced four fumbles on his way to being named to the NJCAA Football All-America Team.

Smith rapidly ascended to SEC prowess. A basketball player at heart, he didn't play football until his senior year at Greenville. His high school coach Ben Blackmon, who now coaches Gulf Shores, said he recruited the 6-foot-6, 250 specimen to the gridiron.

"He was a basketball kid in high school," Blackmon said. "We stayed after him for a long time trying to get him to come to football. He finally figured it out, 'football might be my sport.'"

Smith is the lone 4-star player in Kentucky's 61st ranked recruiting class on Rivals.com. While most of his focus is on football, he said he will be in attendance for the Wildcats' basketball games. He reports on Jan. 13 and is ready to make an impact.

"I want to take my talent to Kentucky," Smith said. "I can do a lot at Kentucky. I know the head coach. We're going to make big plays together."

He chose UK over FSU,Miami, MSU,Missouri and Texas A & M.

He was a great recruit for UK football. He should make an immediate impact and maybe be the difference in a game or two. Stoops is off to a great start!
    Reds Fan Since 1971

You want to know whether or not a recruit is LIKELY (always exceptions) worth a damn? Look at his offer sheet.

I'm pretty sure this is the first time in the history of the world in which UK fans are more excited about football in late December than basketball. I bet even the Mayans didn't see that coming.

part of BBN

One report says UK's chances with Ryan Timmons are excellent though reporter thinks OSU may make a run at him.

part of BBN

Nice to read this: check out the link below for a look at him

Asiantii Woulard, the fourth ranked quarterback in the nation, is visiting Kentucky on January 11th. Woulard, a four star prospect from Winter Park, Florida, will visit campus with his teammate and current UK commit Blake McClain. He’s being courted by over a dozen top schools, including LSU, Florida, Tennessee and Florida State.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyYraGompoQ

Has Charlie Strong earned a 4 million dollar a year paycheck?

Or is Tom Jurich just spending like a drunken sailor yet again with the Kentucky taxpayer left to pick up the bill?
    Is Louisville not the largest source of Taxes in Kentucky?
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

His pompous comments and attitude are still on the record.

He botched hires at the only two sports that matter.

He gets NO credit for Cal.

Mitchy should just keep his head down and pray that Stoops is the real deal.
    Who would want Credit for Coach Cal it will come and part of you truly know's it. Probation and then what????
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    Who would want Credit for Coach Cal it will come and part of you truly know's it. Probation and then what????
    I was going to condemn this comment but their has been so much trolling lately regarding Charlie Strong and uofl basketball that I don't think facts matter much.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    Is Louisville not the largest source of Taxes in Kentucky?
    As someone who now lives in Louisville, but lived most of his life outside Louisville, I can say with all certainty that no one gives a damn about Louisville outside the 265 loop. Size, taxes, school, it doesn't matter. I LOVE the city so don't think I'm here just denigrating for the sake of denigrating it, but no one cares and no amount of pumping it up to non-Louisville folks is going to earn Louisville [city/school/other] one additional iota of respect. Louisville will never be on par with UK in terms of statewide interest. Not a win yesterday, or the largest tax base, or even national championships will change that.

Right now it all comes off [on both sides] as a pissing contest and the only thing thats being accomplished is more animosity.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    As someone who now lives in Louisville, but lived most of his life outside Louisville, I can say with all certainty that no one gives a damn about Louisville outside the 265 loop. Size, taxes, school, it doesn't matter. I LOVE the city so don't think I'm here just denigrating for the sake of denigrating it, but no one cares and no amount of pumping it up to non-Louisville folks is going to earn Louisville [city/school/other] one additional iota of respect. Louisville will never be on par with UK in terms of statewide interest. Not a win yesterday, or the largest tax base, or even national championships will change that.

Right now it all comes off [on both sides] as a pissing contest and the only thing thats being accomplished is more animosity.

That is truly sad. I knew there was a sports rivalry but Jesus to hate on a major economic center that will provide employment for many with in the state is truly tragic

part of BBN

A couple that "could become blue " :

Ben Bradley, a 6’2″, 315-pound junior college defensive tackle, will visit the Cats this weekend before deciding between Auburn, Kentucky, Missouri and Nebraska. Bradley played at Hutchinson Community College in Kansas and is ranked the fourth overall JuCo prospect by Rivals. He decommitted from Tennessee last week, which is when Kentucky entered the picture.

Originally, Bradley was set to decide on Wednesday, but pushed the decision back so he could visit Kentucky and Auburn. He will announce his decision on January 7th, the same day he will enroll in his college of choice.

and it also looks like Rashaad Samples has a UK visit on the 11th.

Samples is already committed to Oklahoma State, but chose the Cowboys over Texas Tech, where he was recruited by Neal Brown. Samples said that he had a better relationship with Brown than any other coach in his recruitment, a sentiment which has him taking a second look at the Cats.

Now I realize what you may say. UK will not get these guys. Maybe we will or maybe we wont, but it is nice to at least see UK now in the conversation with people like this.

Turn Off Ads?