Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Football 2013

Re: UK Football 2012

Kentucky sports have made more money under Barnhart than they have under any UK AD. Ever. ($91.9 million last year) They're also supporting the most sports of anyone in the SEC, while paying for everything they use AND giving both money and merchandise (reports set the number somewhere between $10 million and $25 million) back to the college itself.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Joker Phillips will not return as coach of the Kentucky football team after this season, the school announced Sunday.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/conversations...ildcats-season
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Joker Phillips will not return as coach of the Kentucky football team after this season, the school announced Sunday.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/conversations...ildcats-season
    Absolutely had to be done. I'd argue they did it a year too late however.

I do hope they let him coach out the remaining two games. If anything, it might get fans in the gates to send Joker off for the final time during the Samford game.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Kentucky needs to get on the phone with Kirby Smart or Houston Nutt.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Kentucky needs to get on the phone with Kirby Smart or Houston Nutt.
    Absolutely not on Houston Nutt, or even David Cutcliffe for that matter, and that's who my ultimate fear is it will be.

The last thing Kentucky needs is a retread SEC coach such as Houston Nutt or Tommy Tuberville. Bobby Petrino would be the only exception and he is likely headed to Auburn. Kentucky needs a head coach who has a gimmick, because the only way they will compete is to be different than the rest of the SEC.

I don't see Kirby Smart coming to Lexington either. He is the highest paid assistant in the nation and will likely leave for a better choice of jobs.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Kentucky not considering hiring Bobby Petrino after firing Joker Phillips.

Sources tell Yahoo! Sports that the candidate list includes Louisiana Tech coach Sonny Dykes and Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter, plus several college offensive coordinators. Among those believed to be interested in the job are Florida's Brent Pease and Texas Tech's Neal Brown, both of whom have ties to UK – Pease as a former assistant and Brown as a player.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...GlvbnM-;_ylv=3

I'll be surprised if it's not Dykes. It just makes too much sense.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Dykes is good, but he'll be expensive. He's hot right now. Great offense, though. Breant Peace and Neal Brown would also be fun hires, IMO.

Were I Barnhart, I'd go after a young, offensive-minded coach with ties to Florida or Texas. Speed is key.

Please take Pease.
    Go Gators!

1) Petrino
    2) Dykes
    3) Smart

DO NOT WANT:
    Fulmer, Cutcliffe, Pease

So Petrino apparently wants the job, and Barnhart is apparently stupid enough not to hire him. This is dumber than hiring Hal Mumme instead of Howard Schnellenberger.

Where did you hear that Petrino wants the job?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Where did you hear that Petrino wants the job?
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...cording-father

At least Dad wants him there
    Go Gators!

According to Matt Jones, given the new allegations coming out of Washington State, UK is not going to go anywhere near Mike Leach. Probably a good thing.

Petrino will likely get hired at Auburn or Tennessee before UK, so looking at realistic candidates, I'm going with Sonny Dykes, Neal Brown (OC at Tex Tech), or Kliff Kingsbury (OC at Tex A&M).

Well, at least now we know which team is the worst in the SEC

So glad the JOKEr error is over...

Unfortunately confidence in Mitch to make a good hire is zero point zero percent...

Turn Off Ads?