Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Football 2013

part of BBN

Re: UK Football 2012

With the today's Nate Willis committment, UK moved up to #37 in the recruiting rankings

Woohoo....yes I know to the Football powers, this isnt much but for what UK football has been, Stoops has come in and done a recruiting job. If Stoops could get 2 or so from the group of Hatcher,Timmons, Asiantii Woulard, or Ra’shaad Samples , UK could be looking at a #25 or so ranking.

Here a few currently behind UK in the rankings:
    Penn State
    Oregon
    Wisconsin
    Michigan State
    Stanford
    Kansas State
    Louisville
    Arkansas

Again...not saying UK will be a Top 25 team next season but Stoops is building something.
    Last edited by jmac; 01-16-2013 at 07:16 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

You know, I'll get over how pathetic Joker was eventually, but it hasn't happened yet.

He should be SO embarrassed of the effort and results he had at UK. Stoops has outdone his 3 years in his first 50 days.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    You forgot to list UofL who is the leader to land him and also is hosting him for his last visit before signing day. And he hasn't decommitted from USC and is actually visiting them next week.

If stoops gets him out of Louisville it will be a major steal.
    Today Hatcher did officially decommit from the Trojans. Looks like it is down to Ky or Louisville. Wow....can you imagine a few years ago saying a stud would take UK or U of L over USC ?
    I would give U of L the advantage now but it may just be a slight margin right now. We shall see.

Where was that Card fan who was saying there was no trouble with Clint Hurtt? Gonna have to dig that thread up...

Bridgewater was likely given illegal benefits in his recruitment to UM by "Recruiter of the Year" :wink wink:. Should not have been allowed to follow Hurtt to UL. There are a few others.

It's disgusting when a coach moves on to a new program and leaves the old program on probation. Just shameful.

Bruce FeldmanþBFeldmanCBS

Am told by source Lville asst Clint Hurtt got his call from NCAA (Shapiro case) & "they're pretty much throwing everything at him."

Wonder how many illegal inducements Hurtt gave to players who ended up at UL?

part of BBN

Noteworthy football news today :

Big news from the football recruiting world late. 4 star LB and national Top 250 player James Hearns has decommitted from Florida. The LB says he wants to look elsewhere and he is visiting Lexington this weekend.

@RowlandRIVALS 4-star LB Hearns on #UK: "I would say they're my favorite. There's definitely a chance I'll commit this weekend b/c of Coach Stoops there."

part of BBN

The four-star linebacker,James Hearns, from Tallahassee is visiting Lexington this afternoon, along with a host of other highly-rated recruits, and all will be court side in Rupp Arena as the Cats take on the Tigers from LSU. Hearns is visiting with his buddy Keith Kelsey Jr., a three-star linebacker from Gainesville.

Tweet : Hearns @JamesHearns21

Loving it up here #BBN #StoopsTroops
    :

part of BBN

Jason Hatcher, Marcus McWilson, Ryan Timmons, Hearns and Kelsey Jr. all on campus today. Hopefully they all have a GREAT time !

According to Twitter, Stoops got two commitments today. Haven't seen any names yet.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    According to Twitter, Stoops got two commitments today. Haven't seen any names yet.
    I have unofficially that Hearns is one but cant confirm yet.

part of BBN

Sundays news:

Marcus McWilson, the 4-star DB has officially de-committed from Nebraska, and he says UK is now in the lead. He told Rivals that, “I just told the coaches up at Nebraska…I called them up and officially de-committed.” He said the decision was “not emotional” and that he is doing what’s best for him.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Sundays news:

Marcus McWilson, the 4-star DB has officially de-committed from Nebraska, and he says UK is now in the lead. He told Rivals that, “I just told the coaches up at Nebraska…I called them up and officially de-committed.” He said the decision was “not emotional” and that he is doing what’s best for him.
    Some hilarious meltdowns over this kid on the Nebraska boards.

Two things:

1) This isn't Tom Osbourne's Nebraska.

2) This sure as hell isn't JOKEr's Kentucky!

McWilson officially committed to UK today, as did Alex Montgomery. The recruiting job Stoops has done, in just a couple months on the job, is mind-boggling.

part of BBN

One kid on the radar, Keith Kelsey Jr., today chose Louisville over KY.
    Hopefully Hearns signs and we will be okay there.

Also, Alex Montgomery out of Florida commits today choosing UK over U of L.
    Here is a tweet on AM.
    @MichaelWarchant Have to say possibly the biggest steal for Kentucky in landing Alex Montgomery. Kid dominated State Finals
    Last edited by jmac; 01-28-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Turn Off Ads?