Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Thread: UK Football 2013

part of BBN

Re: UK Football 2013

I know there's still alot of recruiting to do but to see UK on this list is a big for Coach Stoops. Also , with 4 stars like Edwards and Elam still out there and a strong possibility, who says UK cant stay in the Top 20 rankings.....

2. Likes:

jimbo (06-03-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

To further sell the point about how good the SEC is above and beyond the others. 6 of those schools are SEC.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

part of BBN

Sunday news:

late Sunday night, JUCO corner Shyquawn Pullium committed to Kentucky. Pullium is a former Penn State commit out of the 2010 class who can give the Cats help at a spot where they need it the most. He will be the tenth member of UK’s 2014 class. He had offers from the Cats, Cincinnati, and Arizona State.

part of BBN

Time set for opener:
    In UK football news, it was announced on Monday that Kentucky’s season opener against Western Kentucky will kick off at 7:00 p.m. ET at LP Field in Nashville

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Uc and the second tier BIGTen teams have to step up their game.
    I love the recruits in Ohio that Stoops is going after though.

Urban Meyer has continued Tressel's tradition of locking down the state's top players for the Buckeyes, but the state as a whole is such a fertile ground for recruiting that players who would never see the field at Ohio State are giving Kentucky a look.

I do disagree that it's just UC and the second tier Big Ten teams (depending on who you define as "second tier"). Kentucky is beating other teams who share a border such as WVU for the same recruits.

If Kentucky starts to win within 2-3 years with the recruits Stoops is bringing in, and the SEC continues its dominance, I wouldn't be shocked if UK is challenging for top recruits in the Buckeye State. That being said, if that happens, I think Stoops will leave for greener pastures before it's said and done (I think that happens anyways and Neal Brown is the head coach of the future).
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Time set for opener:
    In UK football news, it was announced on Monday that Kentucky’s season opener against Western Kentucky will kick off at 7:00 p.m. ET at LP Field in Nashville
    Thursday night game? That should be outstanding television.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I love the recruits in Ohio that Stoops is going after though.

Urban Meyer has continued Tressel's tradition of locking down the state's top players for the Buckeyes, but the state as a whole is such a fertile ground for recruiting that players who would never see the field at Ohio State are giving Kentucky a look.

I do disagree that it's just UC and the second tier Big Ten teams (depending on who you define as "second tier"). Kentucky is beating other teams who share a border such as WVU for the same recruits.

If Kentucky starts to win within 2-3 years with the recruits Stoops is bringing in, and the SEC continues its dominance, I wouldn't be shocked if UK is challenging for top recruits in the Buckeye State. That being said, if that happens, I think Stoops will leave for greener pastures before it's said and done (I think that happens anyways and Neal Brown is the head coach of the future).
    The top tier recruits in Ohio over the last decade who haven't gone to Ohio State(that Ohio State wanted), have gone to in no order.

Notre Dame
    Michigan
    USC
    Alabama
    Texas
    Tennessee
    Oregon
    Michigan State
    Illinois
    There may have been one that went to Penn State

I can not recall any other schools taking a kid out of Ohio that Ohio State truly wanted. Notre Dame and Michigan will always get their share. Kentucky would do very well to be in place to take the Mat Lights of the world away from the Purdues, Michigan States, and Indianas.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Thursday night game? That should be outstanding television.
    It's a Saturday night.

part of BBN

Another recruit joins :

JUCO outside linebacker Ryan Flannigan has committed to Mark Stoops and the University of Kentucky. Flannigan attended Blinn Community College in Texas, where he was teammates with cornerback Shyquawn Pullium, who committed to the Cats on Sunday night. Flannigan was ranked a three-star out of high school, when he originally committed to Texas Tech. At the time, he was ranked the 60th best OLB in the nation.

He’s 6’1″, 220 lbs., and picked the Cats over Arizona State, Cincinnati, Houston, and Texas Tech. He’ll bring some much-needed depth to one of Kentucky’s weakest areas.

Not that I'm unhappy to get a recruit in this day and age, but nothing is less exciting than referring to a player as 'depth'.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Not that I'm unhappy to get a recruit in this day and age, but nothing is less exciting than referring to a player as 'depth'.
    Seriously?
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Seriously?
    No I posted it as part of my new stand up routine.

I understand what you're saying, but we should be happy to sign any player that provides legit d-1 depth. We're woefully short of that at the moment thanks to The Joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    No I posted it as part of my new stand up routine.
    I figured I'd check since you're apparently unaware of the following: (i) this guy had several BCS offers; (ii) depth is a necessity; (iii) no one outside of Alabama should complain about depth in the form of a three star recruit; and, (iv) Kentucky hasn't won a bowl since 2008, so the fact that a three star recruit is categorized as "depth" is pretty darn impressive.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Like I said, not at all unhappy about finally being chosen to dance instead of standing on the wall watching everyone else dance.

Turn Off Ads?