Re: UK Football 2013

Great pickup for Stoops & Co.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    part of BBN

Off twitter today:

Matt Jones‏@KySportsRadio4h
    3 star Fla WR Tyre Brady has committed to Kentucky according to 24/7. He picked UK over Florida, Florida St and Mississippi State.

4. Likes:

Joseph (06-15-2013)

part of BBN

Saturday's news off twitter:

Matt Jones‏@KySportsRadio1h
    3 star DT Adrian Middleton is from Bowling Green and picked UK over Missouri and Louisville (who most presumed to be the favorite)

and

South Warren DT Adrian Middleton has committed to Kentucky today. He is 6’4″, 275 pounds and what we might call a “hoss.” The stud DT has long been presumed to be a Louisville lean, but the UK momentum must have swung him the other way, as he chose the Wildcats today in a bit of a surprise. He marks the 18th UK commitment and a big in-state win for the staff

and

After Adrian Middleton (a South Warren DT) committed to Kentucky this afternoon, the team moved up another spot to #2 in Rivals’ 2014 team recruiting rankings.

Yes I realize as the Bama's and ND's etc of the college football world finish out their recruiting, UK will not finish this high but I do think they can still finish in Top 10 which would be remarkable. BTW...UK's past highest rank recruiting as of right now...is 29th.

part of BBN

This afternoon : Cant win'em all

Derek Kief, 6’4″ wide receiver out of Ohio, has committed to Alabama, choosing the Tide over OSU and UK.

part of BBN

Football version of the Twins :

Two twins from Pittsburgh, Demitrious and Chris Davis will transfer to Kentucky. They both confirmed the information via Twitter. Both are wide receivers and both will come to Kentucky as walk-ons. As we learned earlier today, the wide receiver corps heading into this season is very thin right now. Neal Brown even mentioned that Kentucky might have tryouts (h/t John Clay). The Davis twins will likely help fill that void. The two were also considering Louisville and Indiana when they decided to make the move from Pitt.

Demitrious and Chris are originally from Austintown, Ohio. Demitrious was the nation’s #32 athlete and Chris was #33 in the class of 2012.

Stoops Troops!

part of BBN

Stoops taking on the big boys :

Matt Elam, the No. 1 high school football player in the bluegrass, and recently moved to 5 star, will visit Ohio State University tomorrow. OSU tight end coach Tim Hinton extended a scholarship offer to Elam over the phone earlier this month, and the offer automatically moved the Buckeyes into Elam’s top five, along with Kentucky, Alabama, Louisville and Florida. Elam will visit Notre Dame on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Stoops taking on the big boys :

Matt Elam, the No. 1 high school football player in the bluegrass, and recently moved to 5 star, will visit Ohio State University tomorrow. OSU tight end coach Tim Hinton extended a scholarship offer to Elam over the phone earlier this month, and the offer automatically moved the Buckeyes into Elam’s top five, along with Kentucky, Alabama, Louisville and Florida. Elam will visit Notre Dame on Monday.
    Would love to see him at UK. But I think if I was him I would join that TE machine they have going at ND.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by PepperJack View Post
    Would love to see him at UK. But I think if I was him I would join that TE machine they have going at ND.
    Most have thought he was a UK lock but he sure seemed excited on twitter the other day about ND offering him a scholarship so they might be the biggest competition.
    He is actually rated one of the best DT's in the country. It was just the TE coach from OSU that called. Here is a snippet on him :

Matt Elam is head of the class at the defensive tackle position in Kentucky, so it's only right to mention him first. 247sports.com has Elam as the #10 overall prospect. The now 370 pounder has a list of five schools still in consideration - Alabama, Kentucky, Louisville, Notre Dame, and Ohio State.

Notre Dame is the most recent program to offer John Hardin's anchor on the d-line. They also run the 3-4, which seems to be very important to the young man. With all the tradition and allure of Notre Dame Football it would be hard for anyone to pass up an opportunity of donning a golden helmet on Saturdays and being on national TV every time you step foot on the field.Kentucky is the hottest college football team in the nation on the recruiting trail right now, nabbing talented players one after another.
    The 2014 recruiting class will surely be one of, if not, the best ever for the Wildcats and Elam could really put a stamp on it.

12. Likes:

PepperJack (06-20-2013)

Thanks for the correction. And 370 is a big kid at DT. Sounds alot like former Bama DT Tay Cody.

14. Likes:

jmac (06-20-2013)

part of BBN

Some football tidbits :

Michigan State is talking trash about Kentucky football

According to Larry Vaught’s Views, Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio is a noticing Kentucky’s new recruiting presence in the state of Ohio:

“I go back to where I say ‘what is the truth?’ ” Dantonio said. “It’s about the people. Most people in the midwest want to play where their family can come see them play. The second thing is, what you’re looking for where you go to school is continuity. I don’t know how much continuity they have at Kentucky.”

LOL. I enjoyed that

Turn Off Ads?