Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Football 2013

Re: UK Football 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    I'm going to think it because it's right.

That's why I love you.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The only thing that might save UK versus the Hilltoppers is the beating that they're going to take versus Bama this weekend.

Kent State has the advantage this weekend of facing UK with UK on short rest. UK is currently 7 (SEVEN!!) point favorites over the Golden Flashes. A loss to either squad would not surprise me at all, although they should be able to eke out wins. Hopefully the D will play better, they surely couldn't play much worse.

I'll still be amazed if UK wins more than one game in the SEC.
    Last edited by WMR; 09-07-2012 at 05:48 PM.

I tell you what, I'd take Butch Jones in a heartbeat and wouldn't think twice about it

And Mitch is an awful fund-raiser, because he's burned all the bridges by taking money that was donated for football, and he invested it into all the olympic sports, and thus people aren't giving anymore.

I'm gonna bring this over here b/c that BCG thread will die soon (like BCG himself, it appears):

Where is that article that you're quoting from, WMR?
    It was a report in a thread from a different board from the UK QB Club in Lexington.

Here's the Rivals thread: http://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.a...id=888&style=2

That AD has made Kentucky into a fairly respectable national power across the sports' continuum. He's hit home runs hiring (and/or keeping/ re-signing) coaches in CBB (Calipari), CFB (Brooks), WBB (Mitchell), baseball (twice), tennis, gymnastics, track, and women's softball.

The UK sports' program is stronger than it's ever been in its history. It's also making more money than it's ever had. (Though this year may be a different story, as football fans may stay far, far away and men's and women's basketball may not be able to pick up the slack as much, similar to last season.)

So the two things he's responsible for-- money and the overall sports program-- are as good as they've ever been under his care. And you want to fire him?!!

The only reason UK is making more than ever is due to ONE thing: the size of the SEC football welfare check UK receives each year is getting bigger and bigger.

The only sports Mitch has improved are welfare sports that do nothing but drain money.

Women's basketball making money? First of all, it's going to be a pittance compared to getting football straightened out; secondly, aren't there only like a handful of programs that even turn a profit? Look at how much we're paying Mitchell. The chances of women's hoops ever being actually self-sustaining are very, very low, and, again, the effort would benefit the University as a whole so much more if that focus was instead on FOOTBALL.

That's Mitch's problem in a nutshell: The return on investment where he is spending the majority of the capital available to him is incredibly, unbelievably low.

Apparently fundraising is a completely foreign concept to Mitch. He has spent the UK football welfare check on sports that no one besides the athletes and the athletes families give a damn about.

If it wasn't for Cal, basketball would be in trouble as well. Mitch has alienated most of the big money boosters and they don't want to give him a dime. Mitch is very abrasive and about the furthest thing from a "people person/schmoozer" one could imagine. His holier-than-thou/smarmy approach completely turns people off.
    Last edited by WMR; 09-07-2012 at 05:37 PM.

UK has never had more funds given to it by boosters than under Barnhart's tenure.

part of BBN

Guess Joker decided to try and give it a little more offense this season.
    Showing some glimmers of hope on the one side but still the defense is going to have trouble. (may have trouble stopping the WKU running game this week)

Move UK to 1-AA.

Petrino is available, make a move before Tennessee does.
    Go Gators!

That should just about do it for Joker. Worst team in the state not to mention probably the SEC.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

EKU and Georgetown College want a piece of UK.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    That should just about do it for Joker. Worst team in the state not to mention probably the SEC.
    I was openly pulling for Western tonight just to speed up the process. What makes it even more laughable is that even with help from SEC officials, UK still couldn't pull it out. There were some calls that definitely went Kentucky's way.

I want Petrino. Don't care about the baggage or if he hops to a better job, but UK needs somebody who can jump start a program and he's the only one. I just hope he would leave the program in better shape than Rich Brooks handed the one to Joker.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

UK not hiring Petrino (assuming he'd take the job) will follow a long line of idiocy in Lexington. They could have hired Roy Kidd, and had two shots at Howard Schnellenberger. They deserve what they've gotten for passing on those two.

Just waiting for Scrap to defend Mitch again...

What a laughable joke, he's done for

When you lose to the fourth [at best] public college in the state you know you have serious problems.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Turn Off Ads?