Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: 7.27.12 Reds @ Rockies

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: 7.27.12 Reds @ Rockies

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    If I hear "raise the jolt roger" one more time I'm gonna puke
    LOL. It took me a second to figure out what you were talking about here. I'm gonna assume you meant "Jolly" there.

I, for one, am not going to worry about the Pirates...or the Cardinals. As long as WE take care of business...we'll be fine. Keep looking in the rear-view mirror and you're gonna slam into a pole.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    59-40. great record
    Only Texas and the NYY have better.

10-2 since Votto went out....Holy Moses...who would of thunk it? Not me...I was hoping just to go .500 and be within 3-5 games of the Pirates..

This is a very good team....
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

You've got to admit...it IS fun to watch. The last 10 games...

Cardinals 7-3
    Pirates 8-2

And they've both LOST ground to the 9-1 Reds. The Central is flat-out on FIRE right now.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    LOL. It took me a second to figure out what you were talking about here. I'm gonna assume you meant "Jolly" there.

I, for one, am not going to worry about the Pirates...or the Cardinals. As long as WE take care of business...we'll be fine. Keep looking in the rear-view mirror and you're gonna slam into a pole.
    iPad does weird things. I corrected it. Just take care of business.

Ludwick up to .248/.320/.824.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    If I hear "raise the jolly roger" one more time I'm gonna puke
    We got bandwagon rights with the media in 2010, guess its their turn.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Bronson said "you better keep an eye on me" before he went out in the 7th according to Dusty.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Great game. Bronson was pretty goods and Chapman was throwing gas.. Good to attend a Reds win!
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    Great game. Bronson was pretty goods and Chapman was throwing gas.. Good to attend a Reds win!
    Envy you.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Sir Felix Cat and his wife are good company.. Reds finally won a game with his wife in attendance. I think he said she was 0 for 10.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Sir Felix Cat and his wife are good company.. Reds finally won a game with his wife in attendance. I think he said she was 0 for 10.
    Yup, she WAS! Finally off the schneide!

That was fun...so just some random thoughts for tonight:

For BP's first at bat, when on deck, I called down to him to not let yesterday's loss (bowling vs Frazier) weigh on him. As soon as I said that, Frazier comes up out of the dugout to acknowledge that he did, in fact, beat BP bowling yesterday. Was a funny moment.

Met one of the Reds minority owners and his wife (can't remember his name). The wife said that "Bob will be here on Sunday and Walt is back @ the hotel working on trades". She said that her son works for Walt and that he didn't have anything to report when she last called, mid-game.

Chapman...as filthy in person as he is on TV. Just nasty, nasty stuff. The Rox fans around us, during Rosario's AB, when he fouled off a pitch, were oohing and aahhing about him being able to foul off a pitch. lol. Was good times.

The rain is desperately needed here. Even better that it wasn't hard enough to cause a delay, just enough to send most of the fans scrambling for cover.

Back at it tomorrow and then another game w/ cincyinco and wifey on Sunday. Go Reds!

First 8 game winning streak for the Reds since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    How good is this team? Who's that guy who use to play 1st for us and is hurt?
    Wally Pipp?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Make that 24 K's for Chapman in his last 10.1 IP. Wow.
    Chap's on my fantasy team. His strikeout totals rival those of the starters I have. Amazing.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

I need to work with my wife now. She is 0-3 when she goes with me to watch the Reds.

Great game by Arroyo,Simon and Chapman. Simon has been something else too. This is when I'm glad I was wrong about a player. I never thought he would help this team but he has turned into a highly effective reliever.
    This could turn into a really great race in the NL Central. None of the three teams are letting up. All of them are beating up on the dregs of the division and building up very good records. That series next weekend is going to be huge against the Pirates.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?