Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Two C-17s, two very different videos

Two C-17s, two very different videos

First, in Florida, a massive military C-17 erroneously lands at the wrong airport - a tiny neighborhood airport!

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/264...rport-in-Tampa

Closer to home, at the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force in Dayton, a retired and restored C-17 is towed to its new home in front of the museum for public display.

C-17 Move to Air Park - YouTube

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Two C-17s, two very different videos

One of my pilot friends was at that tiny airport and posted a pic pf that plane mimutes after it happened with the title WTF? Lol....

Regardless if the cargo was sensitive or not, it had to be taken off the plane. Less weight, means a better take-off. I am sure the Air Force wanted to get that plane out of there as soon as possible. Also, the C-17 was design to operate on shorter runways.

I'm surprise they are sending one to a museum already. I remember when they were new and flying into bases and big crowds would gather trying to get a look. They were a very popular air show attraction at one time.

C-17's take off very quickly and come in slow and stop quickly. They are designed that way to get in and out of small places.

Quote Originally Posted by BPhil4 View Post
    C-17's take off very quickly and come in slow and stop quickly. They are designed that way to get in and out of small places.

BPhil4, Are you military stationed at Hickam?

My wife is USAF, we live at Hickam, yea.

Turn Off Ads?