Turn Off Ads?

Thread: When will people start criticizing Anaheim and Texas?

When will people start criticizing Anaheim and Texas?

Their payrolls are very unfair and they get too many good players.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: When will people start criticizing Anaheim and Texas?

does nothing for me. there in al
    Last edited by R_Webb18; 07-27-2012 at 09:21 PM.

And one will probably have to face Verlander in a one game playoff....but that doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    And one will probably have to face Verlander in a one game playoff....but that doesn't matter.
    Why are you do scared?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    This is true. The post season weeds out only one team from each league, so it's not like the NL champ has to play all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRedLegger View Post
    This is true. The post season weeds out only one team from each league, so it's not like the NL champ has to play all of them.
    The Cards beating the Rangers last year shows anyone can beat anyone in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Why are you do scared?
    Scared?

I'm the one on here that thinks it's ridiculous to worry about the Pirates and Cardinals in July......I've said over and over it's how the Reds play and if they play well they'll have the Central.....but Sweet Jesus why would any team want to play in that game where your odds of winning can't be better than 75% when you can skip it and advance with 100% security and not having to go the first two games of the divisional without your ace?

Bring on Kershaw or Strasburg or Cain...we've got Cueto.

If we are tied with someone for homefield and there are 3 games left should we just rest everyone or would you prefer we just play all the subs?

There isn't fear just good sense.

They are big markets so I can deal with it but the Card spending 111M in a small market aggravates me more. If we had the 24M difference in payroll no telling how big of a lead we would have some with the Pirates only spending 52M.

Until MLB does something to level the playing field, the big market teams will keep trying to buy championships. The luxury tax thing is a joke. The big market teams have big bucks
    and will gladly pay the tax if it means they will win. The small market teams don't have the bucks to do that.

I dont see why having a big payroll is a reason to critisize a team. OP ou sound very whiny.

With that extra WC spot the AL has all but 3 teams w/in 5.5 games of the WC.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Their payrolls are very unfair and they get too many good players.
    What's the problem...our fans have been talking baout wanting ownership to raise payroll for years. If that was us I really doubt you would be whinning about the payroll. Plus look at teams like the Rays and Minnesota who have built teams the right way and even the old Marlins. All have proven you can win without $200 million dollar payrolls.

EMAW

With baseball welfare (money handed out by big spending teams to cheap teams) there is no reason for any team to complain about money. Huge tv deals, tons and tons of money are flowing for all 30 franchises. Making smart decisions, drafting well and hiring the right people wins games.

I am all for free market spending. I don't like the changes Bud has been making trying to force a soft salary cap by making the luxury tax a bigger penalty. If teams want to spend 200M, let them. It doesn't always mean they are going to win.

Turn Off Ads?