Turn Off Ads?
Page 43 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Why is the law firm sitting on 12 carries. I've been listening to the game, unable to watch it. Unless they've stacked the line of scrimmage, he needed 20+ carries today.
    That was the head-scratcher. He looked good today. Other than that, I'm not blaming the coaches for this one. This is all on players not making plays.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If we lose it'll be because of all of the drops. Terrible game for Green, and Hawkins has had his share too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    If we lose it'll be because of all of the drops. Terrible game for Green, and Hawkins has had his share too.
    Dropped a few INTs on defense, too.

Typical December loss under Marvin Lewis.

We still control our own destiny, but that's just a terrible game. The offense and the coaching didn't deliver.

punch to the guy of bengals fans. You think I'd be used to this by now.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Dropped a few INTs on defense, too.
    Yep. If we catch the ball we win by two touchdowns today.

I can't pile on Green because it's so unlike him, but he picked a terrible time to have his worst professional game.

Tough one to lose, especially being up in the 4th at home. Have to play on a short week now against a bad Philly team.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

It's all gonna come down to week 16. Win that game and we get in.

Losses like these is going to be what defines the Marvin Lewis era, unfortunately. It's pretty much exactly how Jim Tressel used to coach in games where he didn't have a sizeable talent gap over the opposing team. Some coaches just can never get out of their own way and escape their natural tendencies.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Losses like these is going to be what defines the Marvin Lewis era, unfortunately. It's pretty much exactly how Jim Tressel used to coach in games where he didn't have a sizeable talent gap over the opposing team. Some coaches just can never get out of their own way and escape their natural tendencies.
    I have a hard time putting it on Marvin. Not getting the defensive personnel right is on Mike Zimmer. And Jay Gruden called an aggressive game.

The players were put in a lot of positions to win this game and couldn't do it.

Trying to figure out tie breaker scenarios with the Steelers here.

I think if we win 2 out of 3 including against them we're in, but it's all kinda confusing.

Also, the Cowboys can do us a solid next weekend at home. Thursday is a must win and then 10 days to prepare for one of the bigger games in franchise history.

Tough loss. Dallas offense shows up in the 4th quarter just enough to win.

Geesh guys, things happen in games, its what's keeps us coming back. Drops of passes, just miss interceptions, and only get FGs instead of TDs. Its just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. A good NFL game between two evenly matched teams. Glad I watched it and have a team to root for.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

What a GD joke of a franchise.

Exhibit A why they don't have back to back winning seasons in 30 years.

A team that's allergic to success

Green-Ellis had two carries in the fourth quarter. I don't understand it. Sure they didn't execute what was called, but why not grind it out and run the clock down, try to have some long drives?
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Turn Off Ads?