Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Btw, are we all as sure as we were last year that Andy Dalton is the answer?
    With a lead yes, he's not the type to bring you back when your back is against the wall though.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    With a lead yes, he's not the type to bring you back when your back is against the wall though.
    That's an important quality though.

Gotta trade for a running back to salvage the season. BJGE is toast. He gets no seperation and has very.little burst. This is the worst rb position group in the NFL. You could work in a new back during the bye.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    At least there's hockey... oh, right...
    Don't remind me!

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Andy Dalton isn't the problem, at least not the most glaring one. Running back, defensive backfield, middle line backer, o-line to a degree. Lot's of fix-it list items before Andy.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Marvin is not a great coach, but since he's been there it's been very rare that the team doesn't play heard or looks totally disinterested. But that's what it looked like today, like there was someplace else they'd rather be.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Looking ahead to the Steelers?

Palmer probably is thinking.... You know, I had no running game either...I was supposed to everything to win games and then have an inept owner continue to make no moves to improve.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

3-3 and we're already giving up. You guys are something else.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Have you seen this schedule? Have you seen the team play the last 2 weeks....and the continuing saga of Marvin Lewis and The Coaches Who Could Not Adjust? The Maladjusted should be the name of this movie.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

So what? You're going to forfeit the rest of the season because of two bad weeks? Cue the "Welcome to Cincinnati" posts.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

So what? You're going to forfeit the rest of the season because of two bad weeks? Cue the "Welcome to Cincinnati" posts.
    Cue the "how long have you been watching this team play for the last 20 years" music.

I mean this team played well last year with the help of an easy schedule. They have the equivalent of conservative and by the book thinking in a HC that matches Dusty Baker....except Baker can at least claim winning some big games in the playoffs at least.

I was NOT expecting bad things to happen to the Reds in this playoffs at all. I expected to play in the WS at least. The Bengals? Please...I have not ben confident in their backbone since 1989.

I am a pretty optimistic person when it comes to the Bengals, but without issues being resolved (running game, secondary, and linebacker) I don't see how this team wins 6 games with the schedule they have remaining.

I would like to see Peerman more though going forward!
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

This was the easy part of the schedule and they just lost to an 0-5 team. It's ok to be realistic.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

This isn't at all the same.

If a football team can't be the Browns (and not particularly close either), things are going to get messy against real teams.

Bengals needed to have a hot start, because it is very obivous that the team is not a playoff team on paper. It wasn't last year either. They were okay and got some luck. This year, they are worse, and I don't think any amount of luck gets them to the playoffs.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Unless Hall, Kirkpatrick and Moch can transform this defense, it isn't going to make a difference. This defense is terrible. The offense is decent, but they need to score 30+ each week to win and that simply isn't going to happen.

Turn Off Ads?