Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    It was the worst football call I have ever seen. Mike Carey threw a flag when Justin Smith tackeld the QB too hard. Awful, just awful. Then his explination was just bogus as well. Never had any respect for him after that flag.
    Why can't the Bengals ever get a key call like that in their favor?

2. Turn Off Ads?

It was the worst football call I have ever seen. Mike Carey threw a flag when Justin Smith tackeld the QB too hard. Awful, just awful. Then his explination was just bogus as well. Never had any respect for him after that flag.
    Yep, that's still the worst call I've ever seen and it's not even close.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Yep, that's still the worst call I've ever seen and it's not even close.
    It's a black eye on the NFL that they didn't quietly remove Carey after that season

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It's a black eye on the NFL that they didn't quietly remove Carey after that season
    The problem wasn't just the call. There are plenty of wrong calls made throughout the NFL season. The problem arises when an official doesn't admit to their mistake. When Carey said Smith tackled the QB "too hard" it wasn't a mea culpa, rather Carey still thinking he made the right call. The respected officials will admit to blowing a call, see Jim Joyce.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    A bogus roughing the passer call cost the Bengals a game vs TB a few yrs ago (Mike Carey called it on Justin Smith). I can see why Bengal fans have an issue with it
    I remember Justin saying after that game that he had to cuddle him to the ground next time

Some good and bad in that first half. Pass defense and pass protection have been terrible...and Taylor Mays is going to seriously injure someone in the near future, maybe a Bengal.

Our run defense has been solid tho, and that pass from Dalton to Green was pretty.

Dalton looks great, IMO.

Jordan Shipley was waived today. He was still having problems with his knee from the injury he suffered last year.

Bengals waive Jordan Shipley.

I am surprised by that move. I thought they would give him more time. There was a point a few years ago when I thought about buying his jersey, he wore my favorite number and I thought he would be a quality slot WR for a number of years.

Bengals waive Jordan Shipley.

I am surprised by that move. I thought they would give him more time. There was a point a few years ago when I thought about buying his jersey, he wore my favorite number and I thought he would be a quality slot WR for a number of years.
    I think if healthy he would have easily made the team but apparently last night he had his knee wrapped in ice and was still having problems coming back from that injury

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    I think if healthy he would have easily made the team but apparently last night he had his knee wrapped in ice and was still having problems coming back from that injury
    Man, kind of a harsh move if you ask me, they couldn't have put him on IR or something, to see if they could get him right first? Wonder if the players union will have any issues with it.

They spent a 3rd round pick on the guy just two years ago, and he was very solid for them.

I don't know that another team is going to pick him up right away (could be wrong) if he can't play yet. Otherwise I'd say release him sooner than later of course, if they know they aren't going to keep him.

They are a little too in love with Hawkins and Tate I think. I thought Shipley was a better PR than Tate also. It's too bad.

Don't forget, Shipley is already like 27 years old or something. I'd imagine he's the oldest 3rd year player in the league

He's too small, too slow and too injured to compete with the talent they already have at WR. He also isn't Gruden's idea of a slot receiver. I really like the guy and wish him well (as long as he doesn't go to an AFC North team) but I don't see any way around this

I thought there was some rule about cutting players while they're injured? Maybe I'm thinking of a different sport.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I thought there was some rule about cutting players while they're injured? Maybe I'm thinking of a different sport.
    If he were injured he would be on PUP now. If icing a knee counts as an injury, any player could go for an injury settlement

Turn Off Ads?