Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

If I remember correctly it was on Newman and extended the Phins drive leaving the Bengals with just over 1:30ish to score a TD. Wide Receivers are out of control, lots of high ydg games due to the rules totally favoring the wide outs.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think the Dolphins are going to end up winning 8-10 games and this one will look different at the end of the season, but that being said it's still a bummer. The Bengals need Andy Dalton to win games like that if they're ever going to be a team that makes deep playoff runs. The defense did it's job, they knew going in the running game wasn't going to get much - it was on the passing game to win.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    It was funny to listen to Artrell on the way home try to throw Dalton under the bus. Dalton did not have a great game, but there were several passes thrown to Baby Hawk that he would have caught had he been just average height for a WR.

I'm not sure how that's Baby Hawk's fault. The throw should be to the height of the receiver. Tom Brady doesn't have any issue throwing to Welker. If you don't think you can get the ball to the receiver because he's too short, don't throw it

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Was the call late in the 4th PI on the Bengals? From my vantage point it didn't look like PI but the flag came out.
    It was there, probably shouldn't have been called, but it was there. Newman was in contact with Hartline as the ball was in the air. However Hartline wasn't looking for the ball, and the pass was hurried to avoid the rush. I am not even sure that the Tannehill and Hartline were on the same page as what route to run. The better call there would have been no call.

The real problem is that Newman is toast. He can't cover anyone, and he is a penalty magnet. He plays chippy. Not a good combination. He is picked on relentlessly when he is in the game.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    It was there, probably shouldn't have been called, but it was there. Newman was in contact with Hartline as the ball was in the air. However Hartline wasn't looking for the ball, and the pass was hurried to avoid the rush. I am not even sure that the Tannehill and Hartline were on the same page as what route to run. The better call there would have been no call.

The real problem is that Newman is toast. He can't cover anyone, and he is a penalty magnet. He plays chippy. Not a good combination. He is picked on relentlessly when he is in the game.
    From my perspective at the game Hartline was into Newman, back to the ball, but Newman's were inside where he was making contact. It was one of those players where there was contact but Newman in no way, shape, or form was impeding Hartline from getting to the football. It was one of those very questionable calls that should not have been thrown.

I thought Newman had a better game this week than the previous weeks, so as far as toast goes he is probably burnt but scraped. I would much rather go Pacman and Hall as I really like the job Adam has been doing so far this season. Can anyone tell me what Allen has done this season besides ride and excercise bike and collect a check.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I thought Newman had a better game this week than the previous weeks, so as far as toast goes he is probably burnt but scraped. I would much rather go Pacman and Hall as I really like the job Adam has been doing so far this season. Can anyone tell me what Allen has done this season besides ride and excercise bike and collect a check.
    Drinks the fancy coffee the Dre Kirkpatrick brings him so they can go ride the exercise bikes together?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    From my perspective at the game Hartline was into Newman, back to the ball, but Newman's were inside where he was making contact. It was one of those players where there was contact but Newman in no way, shape, or form was impeding Hartline from getting to the football. It was one of those very questionable calls that should not have been thrown.
    That was pretty accurate, in real time it looked like that. The replay showed, a little too much contact from Newman. I think we both agree that it probably shouldn't have been thrown. The problem was Newman put himself in a position where the flag could be thrown. Keep your hands off the receiver downfield!

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Looks like Peerman may be seeing more time in the backfield after all.

https://twitter.com/bengals/status/256020328382357504

@Bengals: Already a special teams staple, will Cedric Peerman get some more opportunities in the backfield for #Bengals? http://t.co/Jlge4wST
    Witty signature.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

So much fail on these 3rd downs.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Bengals should have had a FG chance at the half there was still a second left

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Bengals should have had a FG chance at the half there was still a second left
    Inside two minutes doesn't that replay come from the booth.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Inside two minutes doesn't that replay come from the booth.
    The announcers on the game said it wasn't reviewable. Now whether they meant from Lewis or at all, I don't know.

The Bengals offense is awful right now

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    The Bengals offense is awful right now
    At least the defense is matching them stride for stride now.
    Is it "next season" yet?

Turn Off Ads?