Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

I've seen better 3rd quarters...

2. Turn Off Ads?

A decent career backup forced into a role he's unqualified for. Then again, he is slow and incapable of making big plays, just the kind of back Marvin loves (see Benson, Cedric).

It's just amazing that with so many picks in last year's draft they totally ignored the RB position. At some point, you need some speed and elusiveness back there

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Rough day for The Law Firm.
    Last edited by UKFlounder; 09-23-2012 at 03:38 PM.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

AJ Green is really, really, really, really good.

And Andy Dalton is proving to be (at least) very solid too. That 2011 1st round - wow.

Really nice comeback for them to go ahead after blowing the 14 point lead. That shows some maturity and competitiveness. They did not roll over as I suspected they might

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    AJ Green is really, really, really, really good.

I love the adjustment to the triple option. If they're gonna run that offense send someone to hit RG3 every time. We may give up some yards but they won't risk it for too long.

Dalton is locked in right now

Dalton has shut me up. I was very concerned about a slump for him this year, but so far he's looked even better than last year.

The D, however, is worse than I could have imagined. The D-line still makes plays, but the linebackers and secondary are horrid.

Wow what a pass to Hawkins! This offense has looked great so far. Can't remember the last time the Bengals had this much quality depth at the WR position.

Dalton is locked in. Hawkins just took one to the house...up 14 now.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Wow what a pass to Hawkins! This offense has looked great so far. Can't remember the last time the Bengals had this much quality depth at the WR position.
    I love how Hawkins and Binns have played so far this year. They have done more than enough to keep the opposing defenses honest when covering AJ Green. If the Bengals ever get a consistent run game, this offense will be very dangerous.

The defense is questionable at best right now. There are plenty of problems, but one thing that just drives me nuts is the lack of tackling. It seems to be a consistent problem for this defense.

Embarrassing end for the replacement refs. They had no idea what was going on.

Nice road win.

Pretty bad for Terrance Newman as well with penalty, but the whole final minute was a big cluster

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post

Nice road win.

Great win by the Bengals, never easy to go into Washington and pick up a win. Looks like the Bengals will have to morph into the San Diego Chargers of the late 70's early 80's to get some wins.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post

Nice road win.
    That was embarrising, those calls weren't even judgement calls.

I miss Bob Bratkowski . Just try and imagine where this team would be if he was still calling the plays. Watching this current offense with Gruden is fun and unpredictable.

On the flip side, this defense is abysmal. Unless they get lucky and force a lot of turnovers, they won't beat any 'good' teams this year.

If I was Marvin, I'd let go of Terrence Newman for those two plays. How does an NFL player make two plays that bad? He has to go.

Malaluga might be the worst linebacker I've ever seen. He's slow, he can't tackle, and he seems to have a knack for being in the wrong spot all the time. Maybe if he did the opposite of what he thought was right he'd be pretty good? I don't know, but he is really hurting the defense.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Turn Off Ads?