Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Hard to be too upset about this. They are losing on the road to maybe the best team in the AFC, and possibly the NFL.

Still, pretty disappointing defensive effort. Hall and Maleluga especially look terrible. Still can't believe Mike "Failure" Brown didn't franchise Joseph last year. He's pretty much the difference between the Bengals being really good and mediocre/bad.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by top6 View Post
    Hard to be too upset about this. They are losing on the road to maybe the best team in the AFC, and possibly the NFL.

Still, pretty disappointing defensive effort. Hall and Maleluga especially look terrible. Still can't believe Mike "Failure" Brown didn't franchise Joseph last year. He's pretty much the difference between the Bengals being really good and mediocre/bad.
    Franchising him last year wouldn't have helped at all this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    The issue hasn't really been with the secondary. Flacco is making some nice throws against decent coverage. The bigger issue is that he's had almost all day to throw.
    What coverage? Pitta, all of Baltimore's receivers, have been wide open all game.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Keep the current effort up and the ravens may get 50. What a joke of an "effort"

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Bengals crapping themselves on national TV once again. Some things never change.

The loss isn't bad. If we're gonna get these guys it'll be at home.

That said we gotta learn to cover a tight end, we gotta get better coverage out of our secondary, and Taylor Mays cannot see the field until he knows what he's doing. Linebackers bit on every single play fake, D-Line got blocked by a suspect O-Line, and the tackling has been sub par.

Offensively we'll be alright. Much better than expected to be honest, we're going against a good defense and did some good things.

Defensively we have a looooong way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Franchising him last year wouldn't have helped at all this year.
    Actually, it would have, as they could have franchised him again this year. Also, had he been franchised, he would have signed a long term deal.

LOL at the Bengals as they try to get fans to buy tickets when they won't even try to keep their good players.

Hard to be upset about this? Well in the sense its only sports and not something important I agree.

Otherwise its an embarassment, which is essentially all this franchise is.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

LOL The Ravens call a timeout just to yell at the refs. Bengaldom...it's a comedy of errors.

Quote Originally Posted by top6 View Post
    Actually, it would have, as they could have franchised him again this year. Also, had he been franchised, he would have signed a long term deal.
    LOL at the Bengals as they try to get fans to buy tickets when they won't even try to keep their good players.
    There's a lot of speculation involved in your premise.

It doesn't mean they shouldn't have gone ahead with the Franchise tag of course.

But the Reds probably shouldn't have traded Hamilton for Volquez, at some point it stops being relevant.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Unless the Bengals want Dalton to leave the game on a stretcher, I'd be getting Gradkowski ready.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Hard to be upset about this? Well in the sense its only sports and not something important I agree.

Otherwise its an embarassment, which is essentially all this franchise is.
    Nothing like hyperbole to help keep things in perspective.

Nothing like hyperbole to help keep things in perspective.
    Spare me. This franchise was and is terrible. It has some incredibly talented players that I enjoy watching, and now and then things fall in line and they have a good season, but nothing ever seems to change. They are being out played/out coached, just like most weeks.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Spare me. This franchise was and is terrible. It has some incredibly talented players that I enjoy watching, and now and then things fall in line and they have a good season, but nothing ever seems to change. They are being out played/out coached, just like most weeks.
    Hey listen if the Bengals are embarrassing for you, by all means don't let me stand in the way.

If you see the franchise now as the same one under Dave Shula, I'm not sure anything can change your mind.

The Steelers lost to the Ravens 35-7 in the first week last year, somehow they recovered to make the playoffs.

Simply stated, no matter how good or bad, no reason to overreact.

Hey listen if the Bengals are embarrassing for you, by all means don't let me stand in the way.

If you see the franchise now as the same one under Dave Shula, I'm not sure anything can change your mind.

The Steelers lost to the Ravens 35-7 in the first week last year, somehow they recovered to make the playoffs.

Simply stated, no matter how good or bad, no reason to overreact.
    I respect your unwavering support of them. But I'm with Joseph here. The common denominator between the Dave Shula era and this era is Mike Brown. That hasn't changed. And it's why we'll never get over the hump.

Turn Off Ads?