Turn Off Ads?
Page 47 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    I was shocked that the Cowboys won this game. The Bengals could've run all day, but for some reason they went away from the running game.
    Did the Cowboys lend them Jason Garrett as play caller for this game? That's often his M.O.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    I'm a Cowboys fan, and I agree with you that was a horrible call. But that's the NFL, now. Shameful, really. Defenders can't play defense.

The refs also hurt the Cowboys when they blew the whistle on the kickoff return where Harris was in a pile, but never down. He was off and running again when the whistle blew. The play isn't reviewable since the whistle blew.

I was shocked that the Cowboys won this game. The Bengals could've run all day, but for some reason they went away from the running game.
    His forward progress was clearly stopped.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Did the Cowboys lend them Jason Garrett as play caller for this game? That's often his M.O.
    I'm not crazy about Garrett's playcalling, but the Cowboys o-line is terrible and the running game often non-existent. Although it's better when Murray is healthy. The Bengals have a decent o-line and the Cowboys are extremely weak up the middle right now with two NTs down and two guys off the street playing middle linebacker. Plus, Green Ellis was averaging like 7 yards per carry, and the Bengals had the lead.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

There was a point early in the 2nd quarter I believe that Brian Leonard was the RB for a series or more. It wasn't just 3 downs to spell BJGE rather about 10 plays. I thought BJGE was hurt at the time because Leonard isn't an answer at RB. BJGE eventually came back in but I wonder if he was hampered by something and that was why they didn't go to him more.

That said if AJ doesn't drop to balls in his hands its likely a 10+ point win for the Bengals. He dropped a sure TD and also dropped a 3rd down pass around the 30 yard line. Your talking about 7 points left on the field which would have made the Bengals 9 point lead a 16 point lead.

The Bengals still control their own destiny, but oddly enough, the Philly game doesn't matter that much if Pittsburgh and the Jets win out. The Bengals will still need to take both the Steelers and the Ravens to get it.

They can't beat the Eagles, Pittsburgh, and then lose to the Ravens. Not if the Steelers or the Jets both end up 9-7. The Bengals would be on the outside looking in then. Same thing if the Bengals lose to the Eagles. If they beat the Steelers and Ravens, they are in even if the Jets win out.
    Thank goodness for baseball.

I'd feel a whole lot better about things if we came out and had a nice comfortable win tonight. Something to get us rolling again into the last two games.

With 10 days Marvin, Zim and Gruden need to put together a winner vs. Pittsburgh.

It's going to be interesting to see how the Bengals start tonight, just four days after choking away the game against the Cowboys. They almost have to win out at this point, and definitely can't lose more than one.

Unfortunately I'm apparently not allowed to get upset about this BS.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Tonight's theme, How to watch a team self destruct in the 2nd quarter.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Tonight's theme, How to watch a team self destruct in the 2nd quarter.
    Don't worry about it. It's not the same old Bengals. They are fine!

I always come back to the coaching with this team. I get that there young but at some point you can't keep making the same silly decisions. Team needs to grow up and hopefully over the next few quarters.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Dalton is just off.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Don't worry guys. All is fine

Brandon Tate continues to defy all logic as a return man. And they continue to run him out there.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Brandon Tate continues to defy all logic as a return man. And they continue to run him out there.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    Not the same old Bengals though. All is well!

Turn Off Ads?