Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Jonathan Fanene was released by the Pats. Given the injury concerns on the d-line, I'd love to have him back.
    I'd love to have a healthy Fanene back but he's far from that. He's going under the knife this week

2. Turn Off Ads?

Any chance the Bengals go after MJD? That would be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Any chance the Bengals go after MJD? That would be huge.
    I'd be shocked if the Jags deal him, and even more surprised if we traded for him, but with our cap space, I'm sure we could accommodate his demand for a new contract (and keep BJGE to boot for a change of pace back).

Lots of miles on those legs. You would have to give a 2nd and perhaps a 4th than pay6 million per yr to sign him. Plus he is always a health risk because of his knee issues. I would pass.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Our pass protection is worth worrying about. Those guys haven't blocked anyone yet.

Yeah Dalton was running for his life all night vs the Pack. I hope it is not a sign of things to come. The Lawfirm needs to get healthy quick, no run game let them tee off last night. Boling and the interior lineman looked awful. Can we please get Marvin Jones some first team snaps.

No reason why we didn't pursue Carl Nicks or Ben Grubbs in the offseason.

Also inexplicable why we drafted Devon Still over Rueben Randle.

Those were by far the two biggest missteps of the offseason, and I am quite concerned that they will come back to haunt us (at LG and #2WR).

As a bonus, if we were to acquire MJD (which we won't), we could have the honor of the only backfield in NFL history with two hyphenated last names/acronyms: BJGE and MJD.
    Go BLUE!!!

Yeah going Still and Thompson back to back like that was a head scratcher. I like Still and Thompson seperately and think they have looked good but both of those picks seemed redundant to me. Would have peferred a RB in the first three rounds. The loss of Wharton is really stinging this team as Boling still looks overmatched. Roland looked better at guard than he did the other night.

I can't see the Bengals winning more than six games. I'm an eternal pessimist with this team, sometimes unfairly, but they rarely follow up successful season with more success. The schedule is much tougher this year, particularly the second half. The O-line is a mess, and the WR corps has much to prove. And the running game may be adequate, but far from explosive. And I'm going to be honest, I don't know how good Andy Dalton is. I'm not as high on him as most Bengals fans. I think he'll have a solid career, but nothing to write home about.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Yeah going Still and Thompson back to back like that was a head scratcher. I like Still and Thompson seperately and think they have looked good but both of those picks seemed redundant to me. Would have peferred a RB in the first three rounds. The loss of Wharton is really stinging this team as Boling still looks overmatched. Roland looked better at guard than he did the other night.
    I loved the pick of Still, but I wasn't big on Thompson. Then again, if you're a Bengals 3rd round pick, you're probably cursed regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I loved the pick of Still, but I wasn't big on Thompson. Then again, if you're a Bengals 3rd round pick, you're probably cursed regardless.
    Yeah Still has a ton of potential as a pass rusher, wish marvin would move him around a bit and give him some snaps at DE. Moch has been a beast this preseason too bad he has to sit for 4 games.

The receiver corp also scares me. I honestly have watched very little of the preseason, but the little bit I'm up to speed on the Bengals, there seems like a dearth at receiver. Simpson was barely getting the job done last year, and now they've seemingly gone backward there.

How is the injury picture looking, besides the O-lineman who is out for the year? Dunlap will miss a game or two? What else?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    How is the injury picture looking, besides the O-lineman who is out for the year? Dunlap will miss a game or two? What else?
    Ghee is on the IR, Sims looks like he might miss 5-6 games, and Gresham/Scott/Kirkpatrick are Week 1 questions. That's all I've got.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Yeah Still has a ton of potential as a pass rusher, wish marvin would move him around a bit and give him some snaps at DE. Moch has been a beast this preseason too bad he has to sit for 4 games.
    I'm not worried about the receivers. Tate and Binns have looked about as good as Simpson, and Marvin Jones is quickly making a name for himself (although I have doubts about how well he'd do against first-string DBs). I'm a little disappointed with Sanu so far. Whalen has some potential and makes you consider carrying 7 receivers. When Gresham gets back, I imagine it'll make everyone a little bit better.

I am so tired of the Bengals sucking.

Turn Off Ads?