Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    You can't really blame fans for feeling that way until they actually have success in the playoffs.
    Bingo.

If we think the ceiling of the franchise is a first round playoff loss, then why even watch? They've already hit their ceiling.

But apparently we are to be happy with 9-7 seasons and first round playoff losses

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Then the team needs to fix it.

Because as soon as they actually play to win, and do something unlike the same old Bungles did, then they will turn the corner.

They are allergic to any type of success.
    Young teams learning to win go through this type of thing, usually coaching can navigate you through ups and downs. I just don't think Marvin can get you any further than a WC. Not sure Zimmer or Gruden can get this team over the hump but I would like to give someone else a shot before another 4-5 yrs of wasting talent.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

What does a Wild Card participant get?

If you are happy being in the same exact GD spot the team has been since 2005, that's on you.
    If you think we're in the same spot then I have to question whether or not you even watch the games.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    If you think we're in the same spot then I have to question whether or not you even watch the games.
    This is still a team that looked dead midseason, had an embarrassing loss to the Browns, just lost to a Cowboys team that kept shooting itself in the foot etc.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. It's not the Bungles anymore maybe, but they haven't proven anything else yet.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Young teams learning to win go through this type of thing, usually coaching can navigate you through ups and downs. I just don't think Marvin can get you any further than a WC. Not sure Zimmer or Gruden can get this team over the hump but I would like to give someone else a shot before another 4-5 yrs of wasting talent.
    The timeout scenario today was inexcusable. Let the Cowboys play completely easy to end the game.

Ok, what has changed in the Franchise's history between 2005 and now?

Just 2 additional 1st round playoff losses, that's it

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    This is still a team that looked dead midseason, had an embarrassing loss to the Browns, just lost to a Cowboys team that kept shooting itself in the foot etc.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. It's not the Bungles anymore maybe, but they haven't proven anything else yet.
    I never said they've proven anything. I'm saying that if you're objective it's impossible to make a connection with the team we have now and the Bungle/jailbird teams.

The back to back streak is because we've never been able to compete with a playoff team's schedule. This year we are. We blew out the SB champs on our home field. Our two first draft selections last year made the PB and are now the face of our franchise. The defense has been amazing. I mean, the list goes on.

I don't know if we'll get in, but people hanging onto teams in the past aren't being fair to the guys we currently have. We're young and talented, a bad game isn't going to suddenly take me back to 15 years ago.

Ok, what has changed in the Franchise's history between 2005 and now?

Just 2 additional 1st round playoff losses, that's it
    You seem like the kind of fan that wants to talk yourself into being miserable, lets just agree to disagree and let it go.

Personally I like this team, lot of good young talent that I hope gets signed in the offseason to LTC. However ownership and coaching makes it hard to root for these guys somedays. Personally Marvin has taken this team about as far as it can go, I would be fine bumping Marvin to the FO next season and giving Jay or Zimmer a try. Bengals need a fresh voice as I am sure the team has started to tune Marvin out a bit. A ten yr run is a lot for any coach.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Then the team needs to fix it.

Because as soon as they actually play to win, and do something unlike the same old Bungles did, then they will turn the corner.

They are allergic to any type of success.
    I don't find anything here that has anything to do with the results obtained by the 2012 Bengals, good or bad. Jeff Blake, Ickey Woods, Boomer Esiason, Takeo Spikes, Carl Pickens, Bruce Coslet...none of them has had one bit of impact on the 2012 Bengals. They lost a tough game today, just like NFL teams do every week of every season.

This whole history thing of prior season failures that fans get wrapped up in and then start throwing it out after losses, and using as reminders after wins, as in "don't worry, its the Bengals, they'll screw it up" well, quite frankly, is like eating dog poop in the back yard. No thanks for me. You have at it.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I never said they've proven anything. I'm saying that if you're objective it's impossible to make a connection with the team we have now and the Bungle/jailbird teams.

The back to back streak is because we've never been able to compete with a playoff team's schedule. This year we are. We blew out the SB champs on our home field. Our two first draft selections last year made the PB and are now the face of our franchise. The defense has been amazing. I mean, the list goes on.

I don't know if we'll get in, but people hanging onto teams in the past aren't being fair to the guys we currently have. We're young and talented, a bad game isn't going to suddenly take me back to 15 years ago.
    Yes, they beat the Giants. They also lost to a Cowboys team that had no interest in winning, the Dolphins, the Browns, and three of their four wins during this last streak came against SD, KC and Oakland, three of the most dysfunctional teams in the league.

This is a good group of guys. Not the low-character guys of the last few years. But until they show they can get over the 1st round hump and actually compete with the big boys, I have no reason to believe they can.

SD blew out Pittsburgh today. There aren't many gimme games in the NFL.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Yes, they beat the Giants. They also lost to a Cowboys team that had no interest in winning, the Dolphins, the Browns, and three of their four wins during this last streak came against SD, KC and Oakland, three of the most dysfunctional teams in the league.

This is a good group of guys. Not the low-character guys of the last few years. But until they show they can get over the 1st round hump and actually compete with the big boys, I have no reason to believe they can.
    How did the Cowboys have no interest in winning? Their players get paid too, and they're also in a playoff race.

I just don't understand the need for so many Bengals fans to be so bipolar about the team. We don't have to either be the Bungles or the Superbowl favorites. There's a lot of teams in the middle and that's where we're at, trying to get better.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I'm going to have to admit that I'm eating a huge plate of crow right now.

I was wrong about this team.

This is a pretty good football team with the potential to be great. Believe it or not, I finally came around today. Yes, they lost. I get it and it sucks - but they totally dominated the Cowboys everywhere. EVERYWHERE but the scoreboard.

I love the DLine. Honestly, they just need some consistency. It's a young team that could be 10-3 right about now. They win easily today if A.J. Green shows up and doesn't have the worst game of his young life. He was awful today.

Is it true they can go 2-1 (with a win over PIT) and get in? If so, I like their chances.

Of course, this is all assuming they beat Philly on Thursday. That could be tough and will really tell us something about his team, if they can come back from this one on short rest and do business. They just need to forget about today. Remove it from their memory.

Ironically, even though I was pulling for the 'Skins to beat Baltimore today, it was probably in the Bengals' best interest (after the Cowboy loss) that Baltimore win and lay down to us in week 17.

Oh well. Crow is still yummy.
    Last edited by BuckeyeRedleg; 12-09-2012 at 08:48 PM.

I think 2-1 and a win over Pittsburgh gets them in as long as the loss is to the Eagles, since that would be an NFC loss. Don't quote me on that, it all gets confusing at this point.

The Jets are back in the picture now also, but the Bengals control their own destiny. They win out and they are in.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Turn Off Ads?