Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 925

Thread: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

  1. #316
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,681

    Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

    If I remember correctly it was on Newman and extended the Phins drive leaving the Bengals with just over 1:30ish to score a TD. Wide Receivers are out of control, lots of high ydg games due to the rules totally favoring the wide outs.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #317
    A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bexley, OH
    Posts
    7,467

    Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

    I think the Dolphins are going to end up winning 8-10 games and this one will look different at the end of the season, but that being said it's still a bummer. The Bengals need Andy Dalton to win games like that if they're ever going to be a team that makes deep playoff runs. The defense did it's job, they knew going in the running game wasn't going to get much - it was on the passing game to win.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

  4. #318
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    343

    Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    It was funny to listen to Artrell on the way home try to throw Dalton under the bus. Dalton did not have a great game, but there were several passes thrown to Baby Hawk that he would have caught had he been just average height for a WR.

    I'm not sure how that's Baby Hawk's fault. The throw should be to the height of the receiver. Tom Brady doesn't have any issue throwing to Welker. If you don't think you can get the ball to the receiver because he's too short, don't throw it

  5. #319
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,171

    Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Was the call late in the 4th PI on the Bengals? From my vantage point it didn't look like PI but the flag came out.
    It was there, probably shouldn't have been called, but it was there. Newman was in contact with Hartline as the ball was in the air. However Hartline wasn't looking for the ball, and the pass was hurried to avoid the rush. I am not even sure that the Tannehill and Hartline were on the same page as what route to run. The better call there would have been no call.

    The real problem is that Newman is toast. He can't cover anyone, and he is a penalty magnet. He plays chippy. Not a good combination. He is picked on relentlessly when he is in the game.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  6. #320
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,182

    Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    It was there, probably shouldn't have been called, but it was there. Newman was in contact with Hartline as the ball was in the air. However Hartline wasn't looking for the ball, and the pass was hurried to avoid the rush. I am not even sure that the Tannehill and Hartline were on the same page as what route to run. The better call there would have been no call.

    The real problem is that Newman is toast. He can't cover anyone, and he is a penalty magnet. He plays chippy. Not a good combination. He is picked on relentlessly when he is in the game.
    From my perspective at the game Hartline was into Newman, back to the ball, but Newman's were inside where he was making contact. It was one of those players where there was contact but Newman in no way, shape, or form was impeding Hartline from getting to the football. It was one of those very questionable calls that should not have been thrown.

  7. #321
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,681

    Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

    I thought Newman had a better game this week than the previous weeks, so as far as toast goes he is probably burnt but scraped. I would much rather go Pacman and Hall as I really like the job Adam has been doing so far this season. Can anyone tell me what Allen has done this season besides ride and excercise bike and collect a check.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  8. #322
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,171

    Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I thought Newman had a better game this week than the previous weeks, so as far as toast goes he is probably burnt but scraped. I would much rather go Pacman and Hall as I really like the job Adam has been doing so far this season. Can anyone tell me what Allen has done this season besides ride and excercise bike and collect a check.
    Drinks the fancy coffee the Dre Kirkpatrick brings him so they can go ride the exercise bikes together?
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  9. #323
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,171

    Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    From my perspective at the game Hartline was into Newman, back to the ball, but Newman's were inside where he was making contact. It was one of those players where there was contact but Newman in no way, shape, or form was impeding Hartline from getting to the football. It was one of those very questionable calls that should not have been thrown.
    That was pretty accurate, in real time it looked like that. The replay showed, a little too much contact from Newman. I think we both agree that it probably shouldn't have been thrown. The problem was Newman put himself in a position where the flag could be thrown. Keep your hands off the receiver downfield!
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  10. #324
    You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,577
    Looks like Peerman may be seeing more time in the backfield after all.

    https://twitter.com/bengals/status/256020328382357504

    @Bengals: Already a special teams staple, will Cedric Peerman get some more opportunities in the backfield for #Bengals? http://t.co/Jlge4wST
    Witty signature.

  11. #325
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    894

    Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

    So much fail on these 3rd downs.
    Choo got it, dude.

  12. #326
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,545
    Bengals should have had a FG chance at the half there was still a second left

  13. #327
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,171

    Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Bengals should have had a FG chance at the half there was still a second left
    Inside two minutes doesn't that replay come from the booth.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  14. #328
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,451

    Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Inside two minutes doesn't that replay come from the booth.
    The announcers on the game said it wasn't reviewable. Now whether they meant from Lewis or at all, I don't know.

  15. #329
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,545
    The Bengals offense is awful right now

  16. #330
    Member Gizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Currently in MD
    Posts
    948

    Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    The Bengals offense is awful right now
    At least the defense is matching them stride for stride now.
    Is it "next season" yet?


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25