Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    3-3 and we're already giving up. You guys are something else.
    Becoming the first team in the last 12 games to lose to the woebegone Cleveland Browns, a week after losing at home to the 1-3 Dolphins, tends to do that.

What a brutal week for Cincinnati.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The good news is that there are a whopping 3 teams over .500 in the AFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    This was the easy part of the schedule and they just lost to an 0-5 team.
    Absolutely true, BUT.....

Most of you know me on here, and you know that even though I've been an avid (and some say "delusional" Brown's fan) for almost 45 years, I not only root for the Bengals.... but also tell it like it is when it comes to an honest and pretty straightforward assessment of the Browns. Especially since they came back into the league. At work I even catch crap from a couple rabid Brown fans who tell me I'm not a "true" fan because of my "negative" assessments, meaning, I don't rah-rah them and always say positive things. I'm a realist.

They've been a cluster you-know-what from the top of this organization, right down to the bottom. They acquire some talent, but somehow refuse (or can't) address the other areas needed to bring some sense of stability and competitiveness to this franchise.

As for that 0-5 record - that really doesn't tell the whole story though IMO. That's like solely relying on a pitcher's W-L record. Incomplete picture. Yeah, this team, so far early on, has found ways to lose. And at numerous times has shot themselves in the foot. That's been the M.O. for quite some time. But this roster (other then at QB obviously) is the youngest in the NFL. And while there is some darn good talent there, their "immaturity" was very evident those first few weeks in the penalties and mistakes they made. They were penalized for 110 yds vs the Eagles, 103 yds vs the first match-up vs the Bengals.

But I was impressed with their games vs the Eagles (should have won that one) and Baltimore. They have been competitive, and really aren't getting blown out. That 41-27 loss to the Giants was the biggest margin.

And over these last few weeks, regardless of the final scores, I've seen some improvement (and hope), especially from this offense. QB Weeden has had his growing pains, made his mistakes, but this guy is learning and coming on IMO. Our O-line is pretty solid. And I love our RB's in Richardson, Hardesty, and Ogbonnaya. These are physical RB's who have good hands. When I look at the dismal offenses of the Browns over the last few years, and their offensive inabilities, I like what I am starting to see from this current team. They can strike quickly, and put points on the board.

The defense obviously needs to get better; but we've had some very key injuries there, as well as a suspension. Getting Haden and Ward back will be a big boost.

No, this team, IMO, probably ain't gonna make it to .500. But I think they're going to get better.

You guys got Pittsburgh coming to Cincy next week. IMO, you can beat these guys.

On a different note... a loud-mouth co-worker (Steeler fan) made over $600 worth of bets at work saying the Browns wouldn't win a division game this year. He'll be getting his checkbook out today.
    Last edited by GAC; 10-15-2012 at 09:40 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    3-3 and we're already giving up. You guys are something else.
    This is a serious question, did you watch them these past two weeks? If you did, then I don't see how you could have any faith in them. They are really, really bad. And, that's coming from someone who thought they'd win 9-10 games this year. 6 wins would be a huge success at this point.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Two things I noticed from the game yesterday.

1. Rey Maualuga is toast. There is no way shape or form he should be starting at MLB. Too slow, bad instincts, gets taken out of plays too many times.

2. Brandon Tate needs to go. How many times is he going to bring the ball out of the endzone to the 10 yard line? The Dalton pick 6 is on Tate. The announcers talked about it, but on a 3 step drop Tate needs to get inside of the DB because Dalton is hitting his back heel and throwing the ball.

I didn't like the Browns game from the start. Its tough winning in the NFL and the Browns are bad, but they are going to win football games. Unfortunately the Bengals were on of those games. Now a must win Sunday night against the Steelers for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    As for that 0-5 record - that really doesn't tell the whole story though IMO.
    That's true, they've had a lot of close losses and they are a different team with Haden back.

But I still think it means an end to any playoff hopes for the Bengals this year which is a bummer. I don't ask for much from my Bengals fandom, being in the hunt into December is fantastic and makes me happy. So it sucks when they can't even do that, and it seems to be an every other year thing, at minimum.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Every team in the AFC has warts. While the past two weeks have been frustrating, I'm not ready to throw in the towel for this season. The remaining schedule is tough (especially December) but I do not believe this team has played its best ball yet. I believe 8 or 9 wins could "earn" a playoff berth in the AFC this year based on the overall level of competition.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85...-ravens-season

Bad news for the Ravens: Lewis and Webb out for the season.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85...-ravens-season

Bad news for the Ravens: Lewis and Webb out for the season.
    If only the Bengals had the team to take advantage of that. They're 3-3 still but realistically trending down, not up.

And Vontaze Burfict should take Maulaluga's job immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    If only the Bengals had the team to take advantage of that. They're 3-3 still but realistically trending down, not up.

And Vontaze Burfict should take Maulaluga's job immediately.
    Yeah Burfict has better instincts then Rey does, move Maulaluga to strong where he played his rookie season and go from there.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Say what you want about the Bengals but at least they aren't the Chargers. Oof, what a collapse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Unless Hall, Kirkpatrick and Moch can transform this defense, it isn't going to make a difference. This defense is terrible. The offense is decent, but they need to score 30+ each week to win and that simply isn't going to happen.
    How is the D at fault these last 2 games? They basically kept the game close vs Mia and helped the O from having the game get even more out of hand.

The O has reverted back to Brat play calling methods thanks to Marvin Lewis...he plays NOT to lose most games. He thinks a 7-10 point lead is a big lead and that this is 1977 football.

They lost beacuse of the OL still not able to run block, Paul Alexander's run scheme methods are outdated.... basically if you want since Dusty is not your favorite, he runs his OL like Baker will make out a lineup based on where someone plays on defense.

Keystone Cops to end the half...

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    How is the D at fault these last 2 games? They basically kept the game close vs Mia and helped the O from having the game get even more out of hand.

The O has reverted back to Brat play calling methods thanks to Marvin Lewis...he plays NOT to lose most games. He thinks a 7-10 point lead is a big lead and that this is 1977 football.

They lost beacuse of the OL still not able to run block, Paul Alexander's run scheme methods are outdated.... basically if you want since Dusty is not your favorite, he runs his OL like Baker will make out a lineup based on where someone plays on defense.
    Didn't the Bengals give up 27 to the stinking Browns last week? That is on the defense.

What a stupid challenge to make...

Turn Off Ads?