Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Does Rey know he's supposed to run toward the ball carrier, right?
    Witty signature.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

2 running plays when you're on your own 10 and need a TD, brilliant.

Bengals just pissed that possession away... Pitt tried to give them a chance.

Steelers obviously faking injuries to save a timeout.

That didn't look like a catch to me.....

Defense sucked on 3rd down but they played alright overall. They were left on the field too long because our offense was terrible today.

Where were our other receivers? Whalen isn't good enough.

And what ever happened to the 'throw it up to AJ when all else fails' philosophy? If nothing at all is working, why the heck not?

Man, Steelers just come into PBS and punk the Bengals over and over and over again...

I think Collinsworth said it best. If you can't beat the Steelers on your home turf, you're not going to be an elite team. And the worst part is, this is a depleted Steelers team and the Bengals couldn't pull it out.

Also, Marvin Lewis is just terrible. I think the 2nd challenge was legitimate (and the officials made a bad call there), but that 1st challenge was horrendous.

I've always been under the impression that coaches get the challenge call down from someone in a booth. I dunno if Marvin just wings it on what he thinks he sees or if he's hearing to throw the flag from someone else, whoever it is needs to have that job taken away from them.

And that was one of Jay Gruden's worst games as a play caller. Never mixed it up and never got the players into a rhythm. Steelers defense isn't that good, the offense just sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Does Rey know he's supposed to run toward the ball carrier, right?
    I can't wait for the Bengals to move on from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I've always been under the impression that coaches get the challenge call down from someone in a booth. I dunno if Marvin just wings it on what he thinks he sees or if he's hearing to throw the flag from someone else, whoever it is needs to have that job taken away from them.
    I think they relay information to him, but it's still his call. If someone in the booth told him to challenge the 1st time, in hopes of getting 2 extra yards (when it wasn't clear), their job should be on the hot seat.

Same old Bungles - but they do deserve credit for holding AJ Green to 9 yards receiving while letting green-Ellis get almost 20 touches. Keep the ball in the hands of your worst players and this is what happens.

Oh well - I wonder who they'll get with their top 10 pick in the draft...

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I want to say, maybe they'll be better next year. And maybe Marvin Lewis really will be gone by then and things will change a little bit. But honestly, until Mike Brown is no longer the Bengals owner, tonight's game will always be a good summary of the Cincinnati Bengals. And even then, that won't be a HUGE difference, because it'll just end up in his daughter's hands.

So yeah. Not exactly the most optimistic about the future of NFL football in this city. Can we get an NBA team or something now?

Turn Off Ads?