Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I think they relay information to him, but it's still his call. If someone in the booth told him to challenge the 1st time, in hopes of getting 2 extra yards (when it wasn't clear), their job should be on the hot seat.
    I think he was challenging to get a turnover. If he was told the runner wasn't down before the ball came out then it would be worth the challenge. It's just bad because it was so obvious that the runner was down, so I have no idea why Marvin would decide to challenge, or someone would tell Marvin to challenge. I have no idea how that works with them.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I will always be a Bengals fan, but I just don't care any more. When I can watch them lose to the Steelers at home, with the season on the line, and feel no emotion ... meh.

I'm 31. If I'm lucky and live another 40-50 years I figure there might be a decent Bengals team in there or two. But Mike Brown could live another 20 years, there's really no reason to expect things to get any better any time soon.

I've been pretty patient with Marvin Lewis, but a real NFL team would have moved on by now. And if they hadn't then they'd fire him after a game like tonight, heading into a bye week after 3 losses in a row, in a season coming off a playoff appearance with young players. You'd reasonably expect improvement there, but instead the Bengals regress, as they quickly always do.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I will always be a Bengals fan, but I just don't care any more. When I can watch them lose to the Steelers at home, with the season on the line, and feel no emotion ... meh.

I'm 31. If I'm lucky and live another 40-50 years I figure there might be a decent Bengals team in there or two. But Mike Brown could live another 20 years, there's really no reason to expect things to get any better any time soon.

I've been pretty patient with Marvin Lewis, but a real NFL team would have moved on by now. And if they hadn't then they'd fire him after a game like tonight, heading into a bye week after 3 losses in a row, in a season coming off a playoff appearance with young players. You'd reasonably expect improvement there, but instead the Bengals regress, as they quickly always do.
    Andy Reid is still around, but for the most part, yeah.

Which for the most part really sucks, because I really enjoy football and the Bengals when they play well, but I'll never get to have the same feeling about them as I do the current generation of Reds teams.
    Last edited by Wonderful Monds; 10-22-2012 at 12:11 AM.

Perfect opportunity to be 4-3 headed into the bye. Pittsburgh banged up and the game at home. As usual the Bengals lay an egg at key points during the game. Bad thing about it is the outcome should have been worse if not for the drops by the Steelers. This team has some talent but I don't believe the coaching is there to get them to the next level. I also feel that QB is now starting to become an issue as well. It's time for a change at the top. I would replace Lewis, and quickly.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Perfect opportunity to be 4-3 headed into the bye. Pittsburgh banged up and the game at home. As usual the Bengals lay an egg at key points during the game. Bad thing about it is the outcome should have been worse if not for the drops by the Steelers. This team has some talent but I don't believe the coaching is there to get them to the next level. I also feel that QB is now starting to become an issue as well. It's time for a change at the top. I would replace Lewis, and quickly.
    The top would be the owner.

We know he's not going anywhere, and is quite satisfied with the current state of the franchise.

This is basically how I feel. I just don't get upset/excited anymore.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Failed to upgrade the secondary in the off season, failed to upgrade the LBs, and this team never seems to adjust to what the other team does. And they have quite a few slot receivers and no true WRs besides AJ.

Same old same old.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I turned it off 17-14, the wife was shocked! She wondered why I would go to bed with the team winning. I told her I knew the outcome already, and that the Bengals would find a way to lose somehow. The entire fan base is in a state of learned helplessness. We all have that Meh feeling these days.

Whenever the offense can get over the hump I think wins against good teams will come in bunches. For Dalton it's almost like they're in his head...same with Green. They looked frustrated and defeated last night before the game ever ended. It sucks because our defense played their best game of the year and gave us a chance to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Whenever the offense can get over the hump I think wins against good teams will come in bunches. For Dalton it's almost like they're in his head...same with Green. They looked frustrated and defeated last night before the game ever ended. It sucks because our defense played their best game of the year and gave us a chance to win.
    I keep seeing comments here and elsewhere that the defense played well. I don't consider allowing 400+ total yards to the opposing team, allowing the worst (or second worst) rushing attack to run all over you, generating next to no pressure on the QB and a complete inability to stop the other team on third down a success.

If it was the D's best game of the year then that says a lot about how horrible they were in the other games. That patchwork O-line controlled our D-line and that's piss-poor especially if you consider that it's supposedly our strongest unit

I'd love to see a trailer on ESPN this week that says:

***Bengals fire Marvin Lewis, name Hue Jackson interim coach***

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If it was the D's best game of the year then that says a lot about how horrible they were in the other games. That patchwork O-line controlled our D-line and that's piss-poor especially if you consider that it's supposedly our strongest unit

I'd love to see a trailer on ESPN this week that says:

***Bengals fire Marvin Lewis, name Hue Jackson interim coach***
    I agree. My comment didn't even take in to account they were missing two starting linemen and were down to their third string RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I keep seeing comments here and elsewhere that the defense played well. I don't consider allowing 400+ total yards to the opposing team, allowing the worst (or second worst) rushing attack to run all over you, generating next to no pressure on the QB and a complete inability to stop the other team on third down a success.
    3rd down was an issue I agree, Big Ben is a great 3rd down QB though and they bent a lot but rarely broke. Their run yards at the end I would blame on the time of possession. They were gassed because our offense gained 100 yards for the entire game after that opening drive. You can't leave those guys out there for that long and expect them to hold up.

Defense held to a lot of fgs and gave up that TD after Dalton threw another interception to a pass rusher.

No running game, it took the NFL 4 weeks to figure it out. Now, they are reeling.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    No running game, it took the NFL 4 weeks to figure it out. Now, they are reeling.
    Yep its the same program defenses are running against Detroit and Arizona. No running game means you can double Fitzgerald and Megatron and make others on those teams beat you. AJ Green is going to get frustrated real soon if the Bengals can't find a legit 2nd receiver and running back. Why Marvin Jones was out there on teams when he was due to get a significant number of snaps last night is beyond me.

Turn Off Ads?