Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    A lot of improvements today. We were playing a really good team.

A lot of legit and questionable penalties did them in, but overall I thought the team actually played a good game. Losing today won't be the killer, losing to the Browns and Miami are what hurt.
    I'd love to see some improvements in offensive playcalling. Gruden has suddenly morphed into Bratkowski.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I'd love to see some improvements in offensive playcalling. Gruden has suddenly morphed into Bratkowski.
    Yea I agree. I loved how creative he was early in the year, things have gotten so predictable in the last month.

Charlie Brown trying to kick the football held by Lucy comes to mind...

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

How about that Doug Martin kid? Stings, doesn't it?
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Well, yea, Mikey is a part of the competence problem. But folks want to attribute the failure to some Montgomery Burns like conspiracy theory when they fall short of building a championship caliber team. I think that is giving Mikey more credit for intelligence than he has. He just doesn't have the talent to hire the talent to manage and find talent at every level of the organization and it trickles down throughout the organization.
    I don't think anyone is saying what you think they're saying. Actually, I think most are saying the same thing you're saying. He is completely incompetent and he doesn't care. I agree, he's not that intelligent an individual. My biggest issue is that he just doesn't seem to give a ..........

They were the last team to get a website. They had no hall of fame until last year, have only 1 retired number, up until a few months had only 1 full time scout, are the only cold weather team without an indoor practice facility, and have no playoff wins in 22 years. I don't think it's a conspiracy, I just think he really doesn't care that much about any of this. He's really not a very good guy.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

A lot of improvements today. We were playing a really good team.

A lot of legit and questionable penalties did them in, but overall I thought the team actually played a good game. Losing today won't be the killer, losing to the Browns and Miami are what hurt.
    The Peyton Mannings got a couple of questionable calls that went their way. If Manning and the Bronco's continue to get that type of help they will be tough to beat until they get to the playoffs.

I thought the Bengals played an ok game. I had an issue with the end around on the 6 yard line when they were pounding the ball successfully. After a TO it went from 1st and goal from the 6 to 2nd and goal from the 10 because they tried to trick the defense.

I hate the waste of TO's in the 2nd half. It doesn't even seem to bother Marvin.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The Peyton Mannings got a couple of questionable calls that went their way. If Manning and the Bronco's continue to get that type of help they will be tough to beat until they get to the playoffs.

I thought the Bengals played an ok game. I had an issue with the end around on the 6 yard line when they were pounding the ball successfully. After a TO it went from 1st and goal from the 6 to 2nd and goal from the 10 because they tried to trick the defense.

I hate the waste of TO's in the 2nd half. It doesn't even seem to bother Marvin.
    Burning 2nd half TOs hurts but you gotta give some credit to Peyton, with that offense they run when you finally can get subs in it's easy to have confusion. Honestly I thought we should have burned a TO on their last TD because they ran a formation that totally confused the entire defense.

But yea I agree about the calls, they're good enough to not need the borderline calls to go their way. That drive where Dalton converted the 3rd and long but we had a ton of penalties called against us was the back breaker. That and giving up a special teams TD.

Burning 2nd half TOs hurts but you gotta give some credit to Peyton, with that offense they run when you finally can get subs in it's easy to have confusion. Honestly I thought we should have burned a TO on their last TD because they ran a formation that totally confused the entire defense.

But yea I agree about the calls, they're good enough to not need the borderline calls to go their way. That drive where Dalton converted the 3rd and long but we had a ton of penalties called against us was the back breaker. That and giving up a special teams TD.
    Too often I think coaches think inside the box instead of outside of the box. IMO TO's, especially in the second half, are very valuable. The Bengals burned one on a 3rd and short for the Bronco's because of a defensive cluster. I thought to my self they MUST stop the Bronco's or that TO was worthless. As it ended up the Bronco's had about a 20 yard gainer after the TO. The Bengals would have been better off jumping off sides, giving the Bronco's a 1st but preserving the TO.

The PI in the endzone looked like a borderline call. The holding on the Bengals looked like a borderline call especially when you consider on the same play the WR took a shot helmet to helmet on the catch. I remember thinking during the game yesterday, man it must be nice to be a fan of Peyton because of all the calls he gets.

The game on Sunday will be blacked out locally. I despise NFL blackout rules. I live next to the stadium and I can assure you that I'm not going to suddenly buy a ticket if I don't already have one.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    The game on Sunday will be blacked out locally. I despise NFL blackout rules. I live next to the stadium and I can assure you that I'm not going to suddenly buy a ticket if I don't already have one.
    I'm actually pretty happy the game is not on so I won't waste 3 hours of my day. It's hard for me not to watch when they're on. Plus, it's supposed to be really nice outside so that's a nice bonus.

On a different note, I wonder what percentage of Bengal fans would go to this weekends game if they received free tickets? 10-20%? I know I wouldn't consider it.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I'm actually pretty happy the game is not on so I won't waste 3 hours of my day. It's hard for me not to watch when they're on. Plus, it's supposed to be really nice outside so that's a nice bonus.

On a different note, I wonder what percentage of Bengal fans would go to this weekends game if they received free tickets? 10-20%? I know I wouldn't consider it.
    Agreed. I don't have the willpower to ignore it if its on, but if it's out of my hands, well what can ya do!

It's sort of like watching a movie where there are some decent parts, but the end is super depressing and always bums you out...

... but you watch it anyway.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    It's sort of like watching a movie where there are some decent parts, but the end is super depressing and always bums you out...

... but you watch it anyway.
    The Bengals are the "Requiem for a Dream" of NFL teams.

The Bengals are the "Weekend at Bernie's" of NFL teams with Mike Brown as the role of Bernie.

Couldn't ask for a better start. You know Eli will bring them back though.

Turn Off Ads?