Page 49 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

One down. Two to go.

Wow. This team should be at least 10-4.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Boy, did this game turn around. Eagles self-destruct.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

A win is a win, and this one somehow turned into a blowout.

Good deal.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    I'm struggling here. What's the common theme since the 2nd half of the Cowboy game thru tonight?

The return of Kyle Cook?

Why is the OL getting burned so bad by this 4 man rush? Wacky.
    Guys not quite getting open is part of the problem. The Eagles have some stud linemen.

What a laughable game. This team has the talent to be 10-4, but the coaching to be 7-7.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    What a laughable game. This team has the talent to be 10-4, but the coaching to be 7-7.
    I dunno if we're that talented. I think we're getting a lot out of guys who weren't supposed to be this good.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    No one seemed to believe they had the talent to be 10-4 early in the season. In fact, pretty much all I saw here was doomsday prophecies about this team.

They very easily could be 10-4, but to be where they're at with a lot of holes on the roster seems fair.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Unbelievable they went from 3-5 to 8-6. That is just so un-Bengal like.

I kept reminded myself during the game that you can't make any conclusions from a four day turnaround game on the road. I think it makes for a sloppy football game, and the Eagles emphasized that pretty well.

Things that do concern me though:

- I do not like rotating centers every two series. I'm guessing they'll keep doing it, but I don't think it is helping things.

- Losing Chris Pressley sucks so much. I hope they pick up a fullback and don't just use Brian Leonard or a tight end.

- Something is up with Clint Boling. Illness or injury or something. You don't go from being invisible all year because you're doing your job fine to this noticeable overnight without something going wrong I don't think.

- The Bengals have no receivers getting open other than Green right now, which isn't helping Andy Dalton. Sanu was the answer to that and they badly need someone else to step up now.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

The Bengals won a sloppy game in convincing fashion. The defense gave up 13 points, 6 of them when the Eagles were handed the ball in FG range. What I find annoying is a lot of national pundits, Mike Mayock and Stink are blasting the Bengals for playing a poor game. My question to them is, how often are Thursday night games good games? Your body just starts to feel better. Players who would be held out of practice that day are forced to play. Its was a stupid idea by the NFL to market their network and make more money. When college teams play a Thursday night game they have at least one more day of rest and often the team has a bye the week before.

The Good:
    The defense, AJ Green, BJGE
    The Bad:
    Andy Dalton, the OLine
    The Ugly:
    Ben Tate, the other WR's.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    What I find annoying is a lot of national pundits, Mike Mayock and Stink are blasting the Bengals for playing a poor game.
    Well the Colts sure didn't look like a playoff team when they got demolished by the Patriots, and when Pittsburgh was fumbling the ball all over the place against the Browns they weren't a playoff team either. If we are gonna take heat for a 21 point win during a short week on the road I'll gladly take it

Our biggest problem was protection. Dalton didn't play well, but we didn't do him any favors either. Our O-Line has been playing so well that I don't think it's a trend, just a bad game. Apparently Whit was sick? Andre Smith wasn't Andre Smith...heck even Zeitler was noticeably bad. I don't think it's a problem going forward, well I hope not.

One other observation. Does Gresham getting a holding penalty every game? It feels like it. I'd be curious to know how many he's had so far this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Well the Colts sure didn't look like a playoff team when they got demolished by the Patriots, and when Pittsburgh was fumbling the ball all over the place against the Browns they weren't a playoff team either. If we are gonna take heat for a 21 point win during a short week on the road I'll gladly take it

Our biggest problem was protection. Dalton didn't play well, but we didn't do him any favors either. Our O-Line has been playing so well that I don't think it's a trend, just a bad game. Apparently Whit was sick? Andre Smith wasn't Andre Smith...heck even Zeitler was noticeably bad. I don't think it's a problem going forward, well I hope not.

Messenger Centers? Who's Wicky Wacky idea was this? I mean I did not like messenger Guards when Paul Brown did it but he was Paul Brown. I mean how can you mess with the chemistry at the heart of the line basically, with Robinson was playing well to fit in someone who is not ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    No one seemed to believe they had the talent to be 10-4 early in the season. In fact, pretty much all I saw here was doomsday prophecies about this team.

They very easily could be 10-4, but to be where they're at with a lot of holes on the roster seems fair.
    I thought they would beat Miami and Cleveland (twice) but lose in SD and in Philly. Did not expect those 2 teams to have such bad years.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The Bengals won a sloppy game in convincing fashion. The defense gave up 13 points, 6 of them when the Eagles were handed the ball in FG range. What I find annoying is a lot of national pundits, Mike Mayock and Stink are blasting the Bengals for playing a poor game. My question to them is, how often are Thursday night games good games? Your body just starts to feel better. Players who would be held out of practice that day are forced to play. Its was a stupid idea by the NFL to market their network and make more money. When college teams play a Thursday night game they have at least one more day of rest and often the team has a bye the week before.

The Good:
    The defense, AJ Green, BJGE
    The Bad:
    Andy Dalton, the OLine
    The Ugly:
    Ben Tate, the other WR's.
    Oh my goodness, Mayock was unbearable. His defense of his draft guru miss on Burfict--"no one drafted him, therefore my 'he's undraftable' was correct." Or, all the teams AND you were incorrect. He would have been a good draft pick and the team that picked him would have looked like geniuses if they had done so.

He made me miss Dan Dierdorf---well almost.

With that said, the last two games have shown that a smart betting man wouldn't bet on the NFL. The Bengals play decent against the Cowboys, lose on two 4th qtr drives. They stink up the joint for half the game last night, win by 21.
    Last edited by traderumor; 12-14-2012 at 09:45 AM.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post

The O-line performance, I'm guessing that the Eagles line either had a trick up their sleeve or it was just a bad matchup. It was too bad to be that the Oline suddenly stinks.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?