Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Dalton and Green are 0 for Pittsbugh. They need to start a new streak Sunday.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Titans help out the Bengals on Monday night by beating the J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets! Bengals have nobody to blame but themselves now if they don't get it done.
    The football Gods were sure good to the Bengals this week

Bengals need to keep their eye on the prize. Close this regular season out. Step up, Bengals.

Those Miami and Dallas losses.....man do they hurt bad right now.

Would the Bengals beating the Steelers on Sunday somehow ease the pain of the Reds collapse?

For me, it would heal the wound till Pitchers/Catchers Report....

4 days ago, coming off a double digit road victory, on a short week of practice, all you read about is how terrible the Bengals looked and how un-playoff worthy they looked. This morning, the Bengals have a chance with 1 victory this weekend to cement their spot in the playoffs and perhaps a shot at winning the division and a home game while Pittsburgh, New England, Baltimore, the Jets, Giants, Bears, etc... all looked just as terrible during stretches or even over the coarse of a full game while fighting for a playoff spot themselves.

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    4 days ago, coming off a double digit road victory, on a short week of practice, all you read about is how terrible the Bengals looked and how un-playoff worthy they looked. This morning, the Bengals have a chance with 1 victory this weekend to cement their spot in the playoffs and perhaps a shot at winning the division and a home game while Pittsburgh, New England, Baltimore, the Jets, Giants, Bears, etc... all looked just as terrible during stretches or even over the coarse of a full game while fighting for a playoff spot themselves.

Interesting.
    Interesting indeed. The Bengals were once 3-5; the Ravens once 9-2; and now our Bengals have a decent shot at taking the division. I sure didn't see this comin'. After the first game I figured the finale vs Balt would be meaningless to them for sure

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post

Interesting.
    It was why I was a little surprised to see the analysis bash the Bengals after their win. They didn't look good but they won the game handily. Heck I would rather have them look like crap and win than dominate a game and lose (Dallas). Its the NFL, its hard enough to beat an NFL team on regular rest on the road, let alone on a short week.

If the Bengals win their next two they will face the Ravens either at home if Ravens lose to Giants or at Baltimore. That would be much better than Patriots away.
    Thank goodness for baseball.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PickOff View Post
    If the Bengals win their next two they will face the Ravens either at home if Ravens lose to Giants or at Baltimore. That would be much better than Patriots away.
    Unless the Colts lose their next two games, we would be playing them at home and the Ravens would play the Patriots.
    Last edited by Ohayou; 12-18-2012 at 11:51 AM.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

I'm assuming the Colts knock off KC, and possibly Houston depending on how Houston plays the game (ie resting guys if they've locked up the top spot) I'll also assume New England wins either @ jacksonville or at home vs Miami (and likely both unless perhaps they're resting everyone in the last game and Miami doesn't cash it in on a potentially cold day in foxboro)

If the Bengals were to win the division, and assuming the above, that would give the Bengals the 4 seed, which means they'd play Indy at home w/ Indy as the 5 seed, with Baltimore playing at New England (I'm assuming Denver knocks off both Cleveland and KC at home and holds onto the 2 seed)

Looks like no Ike Taylor Sunday

It is also interesting to note that the Ravens, Bengals, and Steelers could all still make the playoffs at 9-7 each if the colts lose their next two. I am not sure of all the permutations here but this could happen if Tennessee loses their next two. This would be the unlikely scenario of the Bengals losing to the Steelers, the Steelers beating the Browns, and the Bengals still making the playoffs.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Unless the Colts lose their next two games, we would be playing them at home and the Ravens would play the Patriots.
    That might be possible, but the scenarios I see show the Ravens as the fifth seed and colts as the sixth if the colts lose both. Which means the bengals play the colts.

Quote Originally Posted by PickOff View Post
    It is also interesting to note that the Ravens, Bengals, and Steelers could all still make the playoffs at 9-7 each if the colts lose their next two. I am not sure of all the permutations here but this could happen if Tennessee loses their next two. This would be the unlikely scenario of the Bengals losing to the Steelers, the Steelers beating the Browns, and the Bengals still making the playoffs.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.
    Yeah, I did some research on it, and predicted the final records of the teams in regards to the Common Games/Strength of Victory Tiebreakers:

Trying to figure out what happens if the Colts lose out, Steelers win out, and the Bengals beat the Ravens Week 17.

All three teams would be 6-6 in the Conference.

Steelers would get in based on H2H sweep over Cincinnati.

I THINK that it would come down to Common Games between Cincinnati/Indianapolis:

Common teams:
    Jaguars (Bengals 1-0, Colts 1-1)
    Browns (Bengals 1-1, Colts 1-0)
    Dolphins (Bengals 0-1, Colts 1-0)
    Chiefs (Bengals 1-0, Colts 0-1)

Both teams would be 3-2 in Common Games.

Next tiebreaker is Strength of Victory

Bengals Wins: (With my projected final standings)Browns: 5-11 (Loss W16 DEN Loss W17 PIT)
    Redskins: 10-6 (Win W16 PHI Win W17 DAL)
    Jaguars: 2-14 (Loss W16 NE Loss W17 TEN)
    Giants: 10-6 (Win W16 BAL Win W17 PHI)
    Chiefs: 3-13 (Win W16 IND (Needed for this TB) Loss W17 DEN)
    Raiders: 4-12 (Loss W16 CAR Loss W17 SD)
    Chargers: 7-9 (Win W16 NYJ Win W17 OAK)
    Eagles: 4-12 (Loss W16 WAS Loss W17 NYG)
    Ravens: 9-7 (Loss W16 NYG Loss W17 CIN)
    Projected Record of Wins:
    54-90

Colts Wins:
    Vikings: 9-7 (Loss W16 HOU Win W17 GB)
    Packers: 11-5 (Win W16 TEN Loss W17 MIN)
    Browns: 5-11 (Loss W16 DEN Loss W17 PIT)
    Titans: 6-10 (Loss W16 GB Win W17 JAX)
    Dolphins: 7-9 (Win W16 BUF Loss W17 NE)
    Jaguars: 2-14 (Loss W16 NE Loss W17 TEN)
    Bills: 5-11 (Loss W16 MIA Loss W17 NYJ)
    Lions: 4-12 (Loss W16 ATL Loss W17 CHI)
    Titans: 6-10 (Loss W16 GB Win W17 JAX)
    Projected Record of Wins:
    55-89

Turn Off Ads?