Turn Off Ads?
Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162 LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Mike Zimmer deserves NFL's Coach of the Year
    We might be losing him soon. He's getting lots of love from the national media lately.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bengals have claimed Dane Sanzenbacher off waivers from the Bears and placed Dre Kirkpatrick on IR.

According to Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer, the Bengals have claimed wide receiver Dane Sanzenbacher off waivers from the Chicago Bears and placed cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick on injured reserve.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-off-waivers/
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Latest Super Bowl odds from Vegas:

Denver Broncos 3/1
    New England Patriots 7/2
    San Francisco 49ers 5/1
    Atlanta Falcons 6/1
    Seattle Seahawks 6/1
    Houston Texans 7/1
    Green Bay Packers 8/1
    Washington Redskins 20/1
    Baltimore Ravens 25/1
    Dallas Cowboys 40/1
    Chicago Bears 50/1
    Cincinnati Bengals 50/1
    Indianapolis Colts 60/1
    New York Giants 80/1
    Minnesota Vikings 100/1
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Go ahead and pass for it, just a higher percentage selection. A slant, a quick out, a QB draw for that matter. The most frustrating part of it for me is that they get the first down there and they were one first down away from FG range. Such a low percentage pass on 3rd and 1 was not a very smart call.
    I'm still not sure the decision wasn't right. AJ Green vs single coverage is higher percentage than just about any pass any time, and a short pass when the Steelers are playing tight to defend that one yard pass would likely have been quite difficult.

Having just heard and not seen, I can't tell for sure, but a lot of times on plays like that, the best option is to use the defense's necessary tight coverage against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

2013 opponents (not including divisional opponents):

Home: New England, N.Y. Jets, Green Bay, Minnesota and Indianapolis.

Away: Buffalo, Miami, Chicago, Detroit and San Diego.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Adrian Peterson and Andrew Luck at home? Wow. That should create some sellouts and even the travelling circus known as the Jets could be interesting.

The road teams don't look tough, but they've struggled with Buffalo in the last decade or two, could not beat Miami at home this year and who knows how those other teams will be? Talk about up and down, but the win in San Diego this year makes me feel better about their "west coast struggles."

As pessimistic as I usually am about the Bengals, the win last Sunday was impressive (the outcome, if not the style) & I have to admit I'm impressed with the 2 straight playoff appearnces. Hopefully they keep it up next year
    Last edited by UKFlounder; 12-26-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Only Green & Atkins make the Pro Bowl, but 5 KC Chiefs do. Hmmm...

I guess Whitworth would have been a good candidate as well, but that's hard to determine with offensive linemen, but I'm not sure any other Bengal really got snubbed. They'll be either 9-7 or 10-6, neither of which is a dominating record, so 2 Pro Bowlers (but both starters) does not seem unreasonable, but the Chiefs getting 5 is pretty strange. That does not say much about Romeo Crennel's coaching this year - 5 Pro Bowlers, 2 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Only Green & Atkins make the Pro Bowl, but 5 KC Chiefs do. Hmmm...

I guess Whitworth would have been a good candidate as well, but that's hard to determine with offensive linemen, but I'm not sure any other Bengal really got snubbed. They'll be either 9-7 or 10-6, neither of which is a dominating record, so 2 Pro Bowlers (but both starters) does not seem unreasonable, but the Chiefs getting 5 is pretty strange. That does not say much about Romeo Crennel's coaching this year - 5 Pro Bowlers, 2 wins.
    Shows how important a QB is.

Their talent is ridiculous on both sides of the ball.

Jermaine Gresham is basically in as well. He's 1st alternate, but with Heath Miller having torn an ACL he obviously isn't going to play, so Gresham slides in.

Steelers fans, by and large, are really obnoxious. They've really done some attacking of the Bengals the past few days on some other forums I frequent.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Steelers fans, by and large, are really obnoxious. They've really done some attacking of the Bengals the past few days on some other forums I frequent.
    Remember they are also probably Pirate fans, they have 8 more months of winter ahead.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Remember they are also probably Pirate fans, they have 8 more months of winter ahead.
    Hehe, you probably couldn't find a Pirate fan in Pitt right now.

I think what it means is that they actually feel that their place in the supposed hierarchy of the AFC North is being threatened.

If Mikey doesn't go cheap, this Bengals team could be pretty good for the next several years at least.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Hehe, you probably couldn't find a Pirate fan in Pitt right now.

I think what it means is that they actually feel that their place in the supposed hierarchy of the AFC North is being threatened.

If Mikey doesn't go cheap, this Bengals team could be pretty good for the next several years at least.
    Us Cincinnati fans all hate Mike Brown, for a pretty good reason I may add. But I also think there needs to be a point where we start giving the Bengals organization credit. We all say Mike Brown is cheep but he has paid up to keep Zimmer on as the defensive coordinator. When Gruden was hired we laughed saying Brown though he was hiring John and got Jay. He brought in Hue Jackson after his stint as HC in Oakland. Granted they are still a small front office, but one that has gotten bigger lately.

Now to the actual players. Spending top dollar in free agency is a recipe for disaster. For ever J Joseph who becomes a top tier player on another team, there is a Mario Williams who is quiet on his new team. I am not sure of the new collective bargaining agreement, but I think you have to wait to extend draft picks. Green, Dunlap and Adkins MUST be extended and retained. Same can be said about Andre Smith. But there is a question with Michael Johnson, is he a difference maker, or is he going to be like Robert Gathers, a nice complimentary player but nothing special. The last thing you want to do is hand out big extensions to guys who are replaceable.

Time will tell but I like the path the Bengals are on. They do need to open up the pocket books but do that in extending your current stars, not trying to be a player in FA.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Us Cincinnati fans all hate Mike Brown, for a pretty good reason I may add. But I also think there needs to be a point where we start giving the Bengals organization credit. We all say Mike Brown is cheep but he has paid up to keep Zimmer on as the defensive coordinator. When Gruden was hired we laughed saying Brown though he was hiring John and got Jay. He brought in Hue Jackson after his stint as HC in Oakland. Granted they are still a small front office, but one that has gotten bigger lately.

Now to the actual players. Spending top dollar in free agency is a recipe for disaster. For ever J Joseph who becomes a top tier player on another team, there is a Mario Williams who is quiet on his new team. I am not sure of the new collective bargaining agreement, but I think you have to wait to extend draft picks. Green, Dunlap and Adkins MUST be extended and retained. Same can be said about Andre Smith. But there is a question with Michael Johnson, is he a difference maker, or is he going to be like Robert Gathers, a nice complimentary player but nothing special. The last thing you want to do is hand out big extensions to guys who are replaceable.

Time will tell but I like the path the Bengals are on. They do need to open up the pocket books but do that in extending your current stars, not trying to be a player in FA.
    Totally agree with you about free agents. We've built through the draft and should continue to do so. The money we spend I'd like to see spent on keeping the guys we have.

So I forgot I made this bet back in May on my 5dimes account...

120311348-1 5/6/12 2:56pm $25.00 $1000.00 Pending 8/5/12 8:00pm Football NFL +4000 Super Bowl XLVII - Cincinnati Bengals*

Turn Off Ads?